Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No RC after body swap

Reaction score
I can see that the RC module is flashing orange inside the body, but after initiating the binding sequence, the RC never shows on the remote..

I took the upper shell off again and I found that I must have pinched the USB programming tool wire lead as seen in the photo. Is it ok to remove that harness and plug the receiver in directly as seen in the second photo?

Attachments

• 20201105_165235.jpg
    20201105_165235.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • 20201105_165223.jpg
    20201105_165223.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 17
I took the upper shell off again and I found that I must have pinched the USB programming tool wire lead as seen in the photo. Is it ok to remove that harness and plug the receiver in directly as seen in the second photo?
I know from experience with a cheap cheerson drone,,never work on a drone with battery installed and while I tried to hotwire the harness, I fried the mother board. Ya different drone but I wouldnot do it. KC

Yes. If you have enough wire, you can plug the RF module directly to the mainboard extension. But it looks like you have enough wire to solder them back together and not loose the functionality of the GUI connector.

Note if you go directly from RF Module to the mainboard connector, the wire colors will appear to be misaligned. No idea why Yuneec did that, but they did. Don't try to make the colors match, just plug it in.

Whether you bypass the damage, or repair it, you will want to do a good range test to ensure no adverse affect was created during the time the Module was powered up with damaged wires.

I know from experience with a cheap cheerson drone,,never work on a drone with battery installed and while I tried to hotwire the harness, I fried the mother board. Ya different drone but I wouldnot do it. KC
The battery is not plugged in. It was slid in but not plugged in when the photo was taken

Reactions: 7cyclops
Yes. If you have enough wire, you can plug the RF module directly to the mainboard extension. But it looks like you have enough wire to solder them back together and not loose the functionality of the GUI connector.

Note if you go directly from RF Module to the mainboard connector, the wire colors will appear to be misaligned. No idea why Yuneec did that, but they did. Don't try to make the colors match, just plug it in.

Whether you bypass the damage, or repair it, you will want to do a good range test to ensure no adverse affect was created during the time the Module was powered up with damaged wires.

Thank you very much. I stopped what I was doing when I saw the wire color mismatch. I looked up your drone repair project and found the blurb about wire colors. So thank you for the clarification! I am going to try and repair the gui connector and see what happens.

Reactions: 7cyclops
I fixed the cable and plugged it in. It seems now that I am getting an initialization error. Same thing if I plug straight into the board.

The led status is flashing red and is making a tone. I ordered a usb programmer cable, hopefully nothing is too wrong.

A couple of thoughts come to mind:
1.) RF module is damaged from the wire problem. (Not likely to be the issue, since a bad RF module does not normally prevent initialization.) What happens if you turn on the drone with the RF Module unplugged?
2.) You have another wire crushed/damaged somewhere.
3.) Did you remember to plug the GPS back in?

What LED colors are you seeing under the motors?
Can you describe the pattern of the tone you hear?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech