Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Noise on gimball E90 camera

Reaction score
Hello , maybe someone can help me. I have trouble with my E90 camera , the gimball is making noise when I move the drone.
After I updated the gimball to version 2.40.3 I have this problem. I also have problems for calibrating the gimball.
It will start the sequence , but the last part of the process bar will not finish the calibration. Could a downgrade to version 1.39.6 be a solution.
Does anyone have this file so I can test if it is a firmware issue.

best regards

Peter

It is very likely from the firmware update. Hopefully someone has the old firmware who can post it.

When the gimbal calibration stops, bump the camera with your finger to see if it will start again.

Last edited:
It is very likely from the firmware update. Hopefully someone has the old firmware who can post it.

When the gimbal calibration stops, bump the camera with your finger to see if it will start again.
Ok, I will try to get the older firmware and upload this to the gimbal. I will keep the forum updated on the results.
Best regards Peter.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hello Steve, I made a reset on the camera and installed the new firmware again. I also installed 4 new dampers on the gimbal.
Now the problems are solved.

Best regards

Peter.

@Pvanvliet If you allow me the advice, we have already commented on the forum, dumpers are the most prone to failure of the H520 cameras. When you're not using the camera, don't leave it on the H520. You can store it in the original foam, which the dumpers are compressed. If you use your backpack to carry it in the original foam, as we do a lot, add another piece of foam at the bottom front of the camera, where it rests, so that it rises a little and so, again, the dumpers do not suffer. Don't put foam in the back so as not to force the antenna.

I have just installed the last update and I can also hear some rattling noise coming from e90 gimbal or from a camera itself. It is like a tiny piece of paper touching a bike wheel while the wheel spins. It is not loud at all but noticeable.

Also it has taken at least 3 reboots to make the gimbal pan/tilt working again after all updates. It just did not react to any movements of the stick/knob on my St16S. I will try to see if update has not been finished after I add a bit of charge to my ST16S battery.

Ok, it seems everything has been updated. I do not know what causes this rattling noise as it starts as soon as I power the craft. However the noise is only present with Obstacle Avoidance set to ON. If I turn it OFF the noise stops.

Has anybody else run into the same issue after the last update?

More people commented on it from the first day it came out and it's normal. In fact, it makes me nervous and I never use it. I had no interest either, I consider that if there are obstacles so close as for the system to be effective something I'm doing wrong. But you know, for tastes, colors ;)

The issue could be the yaw motor, which allows the camera to pan 360 degrees. I have replaced them in the past, and after a re calibration, the vibration goes away. It’s kind of a pain to replace, and the motors, as far as I know, are not sold as separate replacement parts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss