Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Noob needs a lot of help...

Reaction score
A Q500 4K was purchased for me to learn how to fly one. Long story short, the drone was purchased from Best Buy and I've had nothing but problems with this drone.

1) the fuse was blown in the charger
2) the camera will not sync, I've tried all the do this do that and nothing works. When I try it has a password on the camera and I cannot find a password on the box or in the instruction booklet.
3) the controller is an ST12...and it cannot find the drone, the remote and drone will not hook up. I went to the select drone, Q500 4K, tried the tilt drone forward trick and nothing. The two will not talk to each other. When going to "bind" it shows the camera but nothing on the other side. I've tried to do this inside on the table and outside in the yard nothing will work.

Any ideas? or am I over thinking this and just not seeing it on here? Or is it a lemon and I should take it back to Best Buy?

password for camera is 1234567890
Never seen a ST12 come with the Q500 as standard equipment before. Should have been a ST10+ Try going into the setting and creating a new model. It might find the bird that way.

The ST12 seems to be coming with some of the Q500's now instead of the ST10+. No idea why but it will work just fine with the Q500. You just have 2 extra knobs that do nothing on the Q500. It was designed more for the typhoon H in team mode.
Here is a good video on binding that might help you out.

Reactions: rehtori
wooohooo!!!! Apparently I was not tilting the drone far enough for it to reset...

The drone and and the ST12 have sync'd along with the camera. I had to eject the SD card and shove it back into the camera for it to sync. So, tomorrow I'm going to try my hand at flying it. Thankfully I live in the sticks.

Thanks for the help

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
wooohooo!!!! Apparently I was not tilting the drone far enough for it to reset...

The drone and and the ST12 have sync'd along with the camera. I had to eject the SD card and shove it back into the camera for it to sync. So, tomorrow I'm going to try my hand at flying it. Thankfully I live in the sticks.

Thanks for the help

Be sure to remove the camera for the first few flights until you learn to fly the Q500 and get comfortable landing it.

Be sure to remove the camera for the first few flights until you learn to fly the Q500 and get comfortable landing it.

Doom makes a great comment here. I would add that the UAV Pilot Flight Simulator is awesome and permits the development of skills without risking the aircraft itself either. The Flight Simulator has really helped me a lot!! YUNEEC Simulator for Yuneec Aircraft #YUNSIM BRAND NEW!! 813646023292 | eBay Simulator for Yuneec Aircraft | Yuneec USA

The simulator is also great "stress testing" to see what will happen if you come in too fast and too steep, though without the heartache of watching blades shatter. Still, if you want to bounce it off the ground harmlessly, the simulator's great for that. Unfortunately there's only one scene for it, and you can't really practice navigating by the camera feed, or around obstructions like trees and parked cars and outbuildings, or inspecting your roof for missing shingles after a storm. That's the stuff you can only do for-reals, and watch them stovepipes!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval