Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Norland Moor

Reminds me of Heartbeat. The numerous sequences on the moors.

Reminds me of Heartbeat. The numerous sequences on the moors.
Heartbeat was set in the village called Goathland about 7 miles or so South West of Whitby in North Yorkshire. Goathland is surrounded by moorland that, in places, looks like the moorland in the above video, so I see what you mean. However, Goathland is almost 70 miles away from Norland Moor.

Edit: When I got there the sun was out and the lighting was good, but by the time I'd set up it clouded over and made the lighting conditions poor thus making it difficult to capture good footage. I flew two batteries there but decided to call it a day since I could see rain on the horizon. Indeed, by the time I got to my car and put the H in the boot of my car it started raining. The video above is an edit from footage captured from the second flight.

Last edited:
Are those the remains of stone quarries ?
That you can see isn't the main quarry workings. The main quarry, well over half a kilometer away, has some power cables running through it carried by small pylons so I kept away from that area. What you can see is some ancient quarry workings but I have no idea what they quarried for or when they fell out of use...prolly long before I was born.

Reactions: Jim Davies
Very nice.
I hope you were wearing a hat. My parents were from Lancashire and frequently sung about the moors " Baa Tat " ?
Beautiful scenery up there.

Very nice.
I hope you were wearing a hat. My parents were from Lancashire and frequently sung about the moors " Baa Tat " ?
Beautiful scenery up there.
On Ilkley moor baa tat. I know the song well. Ilkley moor is roughly 25 miles (as the crow flies) away from me. Here is a video shot in September 2017 over Ilkley moor.

Last edited:
Indeed it was Ilkley Moor Baa Tat.
It looks a lovely place for a walk. If I ever come up there I'll bring my hat.
I live on the south coast now so I'll explain to anyone not sure: " Baa Tat" translates to " Bout Hat" which of course means " without hat " ?

Indeed it was Ilkley Moor Baa Tat.
It looks a lovely place for a walk. If I ever come up there I'll bring my hat.
I live on the south coast now so I'll explain to anyone not sure: " Baa Tat" translates to " Bout Hat" which of course means " without hat " ?
In a deep Lancashire/Yorkshire dialect...
Wear hasta been since I saw thee? On Ilkla Moor baht at.
Wear hasta been since I saw the?
Wear hasta been since I saw thee?
On Ilkla Moor baht at, On Ilkla Moor baht at, On Ilkla Moor baht at.

On the Lancashire side of the Pennines only, it is sung thus...

Wear hasta bin sin sie saw thee? On Ilkley Moor bout at...

Generally, those down South can't sing it as it should be sung.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace