Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Not quite as sharp as I was looking for... would a filter help?

Try adjusting the exposure?

What camera settings were used when taking this? Filters will not help, no... when shooting at dawn/dusk you will be shooting at a slower shutter speed, which can introduces softness of the image due to vibration, slight drifting, etc. Adding ND filters will only lower that shutter speed further. Unfortunately the only other adjustment you can make is increasing the ISO setting, which will introduce more digital noise into the image.

The fact is that ND filters should only be used to lower shutter speeds for more cinematic video, provided at those slower shutter speeds in full daylight. Not in other conditions with lower light nor when using this camera for photography.

Last edited:
Reactions: pixelzombie
I encourage you to start experimenting with manual exposure to get the most out of this camera... depending on all automatic settings will rarely yield optimum results. Here's the bad news... because of the dynamic range available in the CGO series of cameras, that is probably as much as you will be able to pull out of that camera, in backlit lower light level conditions like that.

Ultimately, your solution is a camera with a larger sensor, and better dynamic range... the C23.

Last edited:
Reactions: Archileo
I encourage you to start experimenting with manual exposure to get the most out of this camera... depending on all automatic settings will rarely yield optimum results. Here's the bad news... because of the dynamic range available in the CGO series of cameras, that is probably as much as you will be able to pull out of that camera, in backlit lower light level conditions like that.

Ultimately, your solution is a camera with a larger sensor, and better dynamic range... the C23.
When can we upgrade to the C23?

The upgraded H+ looks like it will be actually available for purchase in the US in the next few weeks... many retailers are taking pre-orders for the RealSense model. Yuneec has stated that the C23 will have compatibility with the standard H in the future, but have not committed to a time-frame.

IMHO it depends on H+ sales... the better they are, the sooner they will seek additional income from existing H owners. If it seems to not be giving them the expected return, they could just as easily hold off on that compatibility... to try and force those that want those upgraded specs of the camera, to have no choice but to switch to the new platform.

The other factor is flight performance... that heavier camera with greater data transfer will draw more power and result in shorter flight times... how much shorter... who knows? We already know that the H+ batteries will not be backwards compatible with the H. In a world of diminishing returns, the whole question could become a moot point.

The upgraded H+ looks like it will be actually available for purchase in the US in the next few weeks... many retailers are taking pre-orders for the RealSense model. Yuneec has stated that the C23 will have compatibility with the standard H in the future, but have not committed to a time-frame.

IMHO it depends on H+ sales... the better they are, the sooner they will seek additional income from existing H owners. If it seems to not be giving them the expected return, they could just as easily hold off on that compatibility... to try and force those that want those upgraded specs of the camera, to have no choice but to switch to the new platform.

The other factor is flight performance... that heavier camera with greater data transfer will draw more power and result in shorter flight times... how much shorter... who knows? We already know that the H+ batteries will not be backwards compatible with the H. In a world of diminishing returns, the whole question could become a moot point.
Eagle Eye,
Is there a gallery of TH photographs, where I can see what is possible and possibly gain inspiration?? I see alot of video in this section but not too many pictures. a gentle nudge in the right direction from anyone would be appreciated! :)

Eagle Eye,
Is there a gallery of TH photographs, where I can see what is possible and possibly gain inspiration?? I see alot of video in this section but not too many pictures. a gentle nudge in the right direction from anyone would be appreciated! :)
You may also consider taking a look on the 'Yuneec Pilots Picture Game' in this forum to see some examples of pictures taken by both TH pilots and pilots of other aircraft from Yuneec's stable.
The Yuneec Pilots Picture Game

OMG, yes... I was trying to come up with other sources outside of the forum... :oops:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy