Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Note on Camera Connection

GMC

Reaction score
My TH arrived this morning and I have been going over the manuals and get familiar with all the switches and buttons. I then wanted to test out the camera so I turned on the ST-16 and then the TH. To my surprise, the camera was synced and ready to go in approx. 45 seconds. Some have said it takes up to 2 or 3 minutes to connect. Not so in my situation.

Everyone seems to have different results. Mine too takes about 45-60 seconds to connect. Still feels like an eternity lol.

My TH arrived this morning and I have been going over the manuals and get familiar with all the switches and buttons. I then wanted to test out the camera so I turned on the ST-16 and then the TH. To my surprise, the camera was synced and ready to go in approx. 45 seconds. Some have said it takes up to 2 or 3 minutes to connect. Not so in my situation.
The sync time never remains the same. Expect periods of no connection.

Mine was taking minutes to connect the camera.
I swapped to a 64 GB card in my H

I think it took about 10 minutes to connect to the camera this morning.

----------------

Thinking about it . . . . I used the same card yesterday and it connected within a minute.? ? ? ? ? ?
I wonder what's the cause?

----------------
Going off thread a bit: Has anyone noticed that if left in a hover it starts to wander and start a circular movement. Then if I move the stick it seems to " snatch "

I've had it a week and flown 5 times.
I've been flying a phantom 2 for over a year and have my PfAW from the CAA.

jim

Mine was taking minutes to connect the camera.
I swapped to a 64 GB card in my H

I think it took about 10 minutes to connect to the camera this morning.

----------------

Thinking about it . . . . I used the same card yesterday and it connected within a minute.? ? ? ? ? ?
I wonder what's the cause?

----------------
Going off thread a bit: Has anyone noticed that if left in a hover it starts to wander and start a circular movement. Then if I move the stick it seems to " snatch "

I've had it a week and flown 5 times.
I've been flying a phantom 2 for over a year and have my PfAW from the CAA.

jim

Jim... that is called the "Toilet Bowl" effect. It is caused due to your compass conflicting with your GPS. Do a compass calibration and it will be fine... unless of course the compass is defective. I will be doing a video on this problem on my YouTube channel in future (happens to all drones that have a compass and GPS).

Jim... that is called the "Toilet Bowl" effect. It is caused due to your compass conflicting with your GPS. Do a compass calibration and it will be fine... unless of course the compass is defective. I will be doing a video on this problem on my YouTube channel in future (happens to all drones that have a compass and GPS).
Hi captain drone.
I went to the same spot. ( about 50 yards away ) today and positioned the controller behind the drone a couple of feet.
It connected in under 2 minutes.
I did a compass calibration last week when i first got my H.

I'll do another next time out.

Cheers for that.

Jim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval