Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Novice flyer Neil

Reaction score
photo

Hello there

Recently I bought a YUNEEC Typhoon 500+ drone, and as a novice I would like advice on the Lypo Battery.

I ran it today to drain the battery, which left a voltage of 10.3 volts according to the transmitter, (batt is 11.1 total , 3.7volts per cell. fully charged).
Is this 10.3 volts sufficient to re charge it again, or in fact to store it.?

I have read not to drain below 3.2 volts, but is that the total, or per cell?

I do have the supplied charger supplied with it, but no discharger, so is running it down as explained above, sufficient to store and /or recharge ready for next flight? Can you supply a "discharger" please?

I do have an independent charger/discharger, but unsure which settings to use for my battery, eg...time set, amps to use etc, so would appreciate your advice there too please.

Also, what do the four lights under each motor mean?

Rgds

Neil Mitchener UK

Hi Neil,

The batteries for your Q500 are 3S LiPo battery packs. The 3S denotes that it is constructed of 3 LiPo cells connected in series. The nominal voltage voltage FAA LiPo cell is 3.7V so your 3S pack has a nominal voltage of 11.1V. That is NOT the full charge voltage. A fully charged LiPo cell is 4.2V giving a 3S pack a full charge voltage of 12.6V. The minimum voltage to avoid damage to a LiPo cell is 3.2V so you do not want to let your 3S packs drop below 9.6V. Storage voltage for LiPo cells is 3.8V so your 3S pack should be near 11.4V for storage.

For charging rate set the amps no higher than the mAh rating divided by 1000.

You can download a copy of the User Manual at YuneecSkins.com in the downloads section.

Reactions: 7cyclops
Many thanks for your reply about batteries on my Yuneec Typhoon 500+, most helpful.
Binding...Do I need to do this each time I fly, or is it a one off operation?
Also, can you advise what the four lights mean under each motor>?

Neil

The LED’s under the motors are Low Voltage Warning when flashing. See attached PDF.

Don’t forget to download the User Manual.

Attachments

• Q500 4K LED Legend .pdf
    929.6 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: 7cyclops

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval