Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Obstacle avoidance question

Reaction score
Hi...I haven't flown my H much since last update because of compass calibration issues, but yesterday I was trying again and while I had it hovering in front of me I switched on the Obstacle avoidance . I haven't played with it since I bought the H months ago. As I walked toward the H I got a vibration on the st16 and an arc on the screen showing what I believed was the meters away from it. I recall that the H used to fly backwards as you approached it, has this changed or was I in the wrong mode. I was in angle mode when I tried this.

Reactions: pete424
Normal I believe. The RealSense in Angle mode will stop when it thinks it will run into something, but it will not back up. The standard H with only the ultrasonic sensor would back up.

This is logical in one way. An obstacle ordinarily will not move toward the craft. In Angle mode, not knowing what is behind, RealSense tells it to just stop,. The operator must take control.

Normal I believe. The RealSense in Angle mode will stop when it thinks it will run into something, but it will not back up. The standard H with only the ultrasonic sensor would back up.

This is logical in one way. An obstacle ordinarily will not move toward the craft. In Angle mode, not knowing what is behind, RealSense tells it to just stop,. The operator must take control.
OK thanks

Angle mode will keep it from running into something, it wont want to fly back wards because it wants to look where its going. In smart mode it will go around. In angle mode it just stops it and alerts you. In Smart mode it acts on issues by itself.

Angle mode will keep it from running into something, it wont want to fly back wards because it wants to look where its going. In smart mode it will go around. In angle mode it just stops it and alerts you. In Smart mode it acts on issues by itself.
Good information. Would be a good add to the online manual. Oops, I'll bet you've already done that. :)

Good information. Would be a good add to the online manual. Oops, I'll bet you've already done that. :)

I think so. But now you have me second guessing myself haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hi...I haven't flown my H much since last update because of compass calibration issues, but yesterday I was trying again and while I had it hovering in front of me I switched on the Obstacle avoidance . I haven't played with it since I bought the H months ago. As I walked toward the H I got a vibration on the st16 and an arc on the screen showing what I believed was the meters away from it. I recall that the H used to fly backwards as you approached it, has this changed or was I in the wrong mode. I was in angle mode when I tried this.

I guessing since you had it hovering right in front of you it was within the smart circle (26'). Hover the H greater than 26' away from you in smart mode. Then walk towards it with the st16 and it should move away. With obs on or off in smart mode as long as you are outside the safety circle (26') then walk towards it, it should move away once you are closer than 26'.

Reactions: CHO and pete424
I guessing since you had it hovering right in front of you it was within the smart circle (26'). Hover the H greater than 26' away from you in smart mode. Then walk towards it with the st16 and it should move away. With obs on or off in smart mode as long as you are outside the safety circle (26') then walk towards it, it should move away once you are closer than 26'.
Thank you...now if I could get the GPS to work I would enjoy it again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giiir