Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Obstacle avoidance range sensor information wanted...

Reaction score
Hi!

I'd like to prepare an ultrasonic altimeter for my H. Something like this one in the RealSense but as a standalone device. I have some spare range sensors, which are good candidates to complete the task. Any information will be welcome, as a pinout, communication protocol, etc.

s-l300.jpg

To bump the topic. Looking for a type of data, which is provided by RealSense. Need to arrange a real "Follow terrain" feature, based on the real-time measured altitude from the copter to the upper level of the obstacles.

You may still be able to find information about the RealSense module from the Intel website in their archives. I know it builds a 3D mesh from the LiDAR scan and holds it in its memory.

Exactly, this is less interesting in my research. I'm accepting that RS works and do the job well. It transmits some data to the FC. The structure of this data is in my scope of interest. In this partial case, I'm looking for sonic radar altitude, measured by the RS.

Just a question goes through my mind. Will the RS do the tasks without a camera attached? We're talking about H480 with CGO3+. The rest members of the family are not user-friendly enough to do some mods.

I think the sonic portion of the RS is only good to about 5 meters.

You raise some interesting questions! The sonic portion is added by Yuneec and is not something that would be covered by information from Intel. I suspect that would be much like the forward facing sensors.

It would be really nice if Yuneec would release some of this type of information used in the H480/H+.

The camera is the decision-making unit for automated modes. RS should do the same. Simple OBS is FC processed but for sophisticated turnaround maneuvers...

3-5 meters over the terrain is exactly what I'm looking for.

Your project has my curiosity on a high. I have thought about doing something like this for a separate drone I am building.

I also do 3D printing, laser cutting, and 3D modeling so I use real sense cameras often. The camera inside the Typhoon H is the R200 if I am correct. Intel doesn't have much support for this camera anymore but I think the SDK is still available. The D4 vision processor is used with the D400 camera to convert to USB. I am not sure but the D4 looks to be the same board inside the Typhoon H module.

Here is the spec sheet and tons of information on the R200.
Sorry for the extra file. I clicked on the wrong one with my first upload.

Attachments

• MK58-User-Manual-0820-2721302.pdf
    377.5 KB · Views: 3
  • intel_realsense_camera_r200.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Let me explain a bit more. RS is connected to the FC via MavLink. I don't want to reverse or improve the module itself, just to use data from it. These data fields are the topic of the question.

Reactions: cabinfourus
Let me explain a bit more. RS is connected to the FC via MavLink. I don't want to reverse or improve the module itself, just to use data from it. These data fields are the topic of the question.
Okay. I gotcha. You are trying to figure out the RS communications. I have no experience in this area. I wish I did though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis