Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Obstetrical avoidance not working

Reaction score
Hi Guys

So I got the H520 last week and i have tried to test the obstetrical avoidance by bring it close to me but it does not seem to react to me being there at all. I have ensured its armed and showing on the St16 as on but nothing . What am i doing wrong ?

Thanks
Ryan

One thing that comes to mind is the landing gear. Try it with the landing gear in the UP position, if you haven't already. Also, some objects may reflect the ultrasound signal in a weird way. When I want to test the ultrasonic sensors in flight i hold up my ST16 controller, flat surface towards the drone.

Also, when you enable OBS, can you hear clicking from the sensors? Does the OBS system display the distance towards the obstacle and does it reflect reality more or less?

One thing that comes to mind is the landing gear. Try it with the landing gear in the UP position, if you haven't already. Also, some objects may reflect the ultrasound signal in a weird way. When I want to test the ultrasonic sensors in flight i hold up my ST16 controller, flat surface towards the drone.

Also, when you enable OBS, can you hear clicking from the sensors? Does the OBS system display the distance towards the obstacle and does it reflect reality more or less?

Thanks I have the landing gear up and used me as the obstetrical and i don't hear anything from the sensors at all its showing as on on the st16 but thats it.

Thanks I have the landing gear up and used me as the obstetrical and i don't hear anything from the sensors at all its showing as on on the st16 but thats it.
If you already don't have this manual
Page 24 explains.

Attachments

• Yuneec_H520_Manual_v1.6_EN.pdf
    37.4 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: RyanLever

You will only hear it on the ground, when you place your head in front of the sensors.

You will only hear it on the ground, when you place your head in front of the sensors.
Hi

Yeah i hear it and it now shows up saying the distance , I see with the H version of the drone it it moves back but with this one it just shows you is there a way to make it move back ?

Thanks
Ryan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval