Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Old ST16 (2 antenna version) - which range extended antenna to purchase?

Reaction score
I did a real quick search on the forum & couldn't quickly find an answer to this question. I have the old ST16 (2 antenna version) & planning to get either the Itelite, or some other extended range antenna but wasn't sure if I should purchase the 2 connector Itelite or the 3 connector. Roughly a 20$ (usd) price difference.

Don't plan on modifying the internals of the ST16 anytime soon, so what would get me going the quickest?

I did a real quick search on the forum & couldn't quickly find an answer to this question. I have the old ST16 (2 antenna version) & planning to get either the Itelite, or some other extended range antenna but wasn't sure if I should purchase the 2 connector Itelite or the 3 connector. Roughly a 20$ (usd) price difference.
Don't plan on modifying the internals of the ST16 anytime soon, so what would get me going the quickest?
If you prefer not to open the ST16 to add the third antenna, you could use the 2-port antenna. You could also use a 3-port and leave one 2.4GHz connector unused. Then it would be available if you decide to modify the ST at a later date.

If you prefer not to open the ST16 to add the third antenna, you could use the 2-port antenna. You could also use a 3-port and leave one 2.4GHz connector unused. Then it would be available if you decide to modify the ST at a later date.

Steve, Eventually (if time permits) I would open up the transmitter. Unfortunately the 'time permitting' part is the challenge. By not connecting all 3 connectors, it shouldn't adversely impact any of the benefits that the antenna would provide should it?

Thank you for the quick & much appreciated response.

It would not. Not connecting the third antenna just leaves the antenna inside the ST-16 functioning as it had previously. The antennas do not share a bridge, and the disconnected antenna can do nothing.

Reactions: TxStig

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vbd777