Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Olympus 45mm f1.8 M.ZUIKO

Has anyone used the CGO4 with the
Olympus 45mm f1.8 M.ZUIKO lens? Just wondering on IQ and vibration etc
Steve, I have the 12, 25, 45 and 12-42 ZUIKO. Was stunned at the 12mm prices, but it’s sharpness out to edges is as advertised.

I’m not much help on CGO4, other than mounting 45 to CGO4 to verify balance, image & file quality were all nice. Although I didn’t fly with it on CGO4. I had planned for fireworks at a greater distance away from spectators. I did use on a X5S, and lens sharpness was great-excellent (8.5-9), focus was fast... noticed a little softness fade on corners but not more than expected and not unexceptable. Probably not comparable, but would expect similar results: the vibration in image or gimbal balance was not noticeable with X5S since lens weight is similar to OEM zoom, may need 10-20g weight on gimbal or body. I have used lens on GH4 with good image results too, but there are better lens options when weight & size not a concern for GH4. The 45 Prime is much sharper than 12-42 Yuneec or 12-42 ZUIKO.

I’d try it, I think results will be acceptable.

@Dougcjohn thanks for the reply, a bit too late though as I already bought the 45mm, forgot to post here. I did mention on another thread that I had balanced the props courtesy @PatR tutorial and flew with the CGO4 and 45mm a day or so ago. Despite being windy and the 920+ drifting quite a bit so not easy to hold focus which I had previously thought may have been the cause of my soft images this did not cause a problem on this occasion. The images were all sharp, not sure how much of that was the lens and how much the prop balance but I am fairly happy with the result so far.

Cheers

@Dougcjohn thanks for the reply, a bit too late though as I already bought the 45mm, forgot to post here. I did mention on another thread that I had balanced the props courtesy @PatR tutorial and flew with the CGO4 and 45mm a day or so ago. Despite being windy and the 920+ drifting quite a bit so not easy to hold focus which I had previously thought may have been the cause of my soft images this did not cause a problem on this occasion. The images were all sharp, not sure how much of that was the lens and how much the prop balance but I am fairly happy with the result so far.

Cheers
Super, hope it's producing desired shots!
It is a nice size when not wanting wide FOV without over magnification... and a good base size to crop.

Prop balance is the starting point for sure... without a steady platform, oscillations would prevent any diag between lens quality and other factors!

Reactions: OnTheRopes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop