Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Online Drone School

Does anyone know of a good Online Drone School? Looking to get our FAA Certification. Thanks!

Hi Mike, many will have differing opinions and your milage may vary when it come to recommendations for certification training. So, this is just my 2c worth and what worked for me.

I did not attend a drone school to study for my Part 107. I got the free Part 107 study guide offered by an aviation attorney at "Free Part 107 Test Study Guide For FAA Remote Pilot Airmen Certificate (Updated 2019) -". Self study does not work for some, but that is how I learn best. I used the study guide, studied the listed material for a few weeks, and scored 98% on the first try. So check the study guide out, and if that is not how you like to learn, then nothing is lost since it is free.

Good luck on the certification!

In an effort to maintain transparency, it should be noted that the course through Terrestrial Imaging has 3 flavors... the listed free course is for Military, Veterans and First Responders. For all others, there are two choices... 60 days access for $69.00 or 180 days access for $99.00.

Reactions: Mike Meyer
I had the same question a little while ago. I picked up a recommendation on this forum for the Udemy 107 certificate course taught by Greg Reverdiau . I caught it at a sale price of $12.00 which has since went back up to $49.00 I believe. It is 12 1/2 hours of video broken down in short easily digested segments. Greg has a lot of illustrations and explanations that really helped me to understand a lot of the concepts. He also has all the reference material identified at the beginning of each segment with the download info. I had tried the free information from Ruprech Law, everything was there but I was overwhelmed by all the info, not being familiar with any of the study material .This works for some, but not this old country boy. I took my exam last Monday and passed with a 93. Greg teaches so that you learn the material not just to pass the test. It worked well for me and will make me a better uas pilot I believe. I highly recommend it. I also augmented my studying with the Remote Pilot Prep app for my phone.

If you want more than just your 107.....to continue training beyond the 107 certificate.....take a look at DroneU. From your very first flight, to 107, mapping and more, they have very good material and programs plus social media support groups and student groups. If you're a vet, it's $10 a month off the monthly tuition.

Reactions: Mike Meyer
Is the part 107 test ever going to be able to be taken online.

Not very likely, it is on the same level as getting your license to fly a regular aircraft. This requires a comptroller to administer the test.

The written process has only changed a little over the last 40 years or so. Used to be you went to a test location and actually used a paper test then waited a week or more for the test results.

Now they’ve eliminated the paper and your test results are immediately available.

There’s just no way to prevent cheating if the test was available from the comfort of our homes.

Does anyone know of a good Online Drone School? Looking to get our FAA Certification. Thanks!

Check out Drone Pilots Ground School.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss