Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Orange Flash in Flight

Reaction score
Hi All

I had a briefly raised heart rate yesterday! Typhoon H was in the high hover all happy, then I raised the gear and as the gear came up I had a brief orange flash of the Main LED and then on the ST16 it showed that it was reconecting to the UAS. The orange flash suggests a brief drop into binding mode.

At all times I was able to control the UAs, but it did concern me.

Has anyone else had this or is able to shed some light on this?

Or have I just been clumsy and clipped the ST16 screen as I was reaching for the switch...

I have seen that a few times, but I am flying close to the roof inspecting stuff, Im am getting a better antenna next month so metal and interference wont cause any grief

I have seen that a few times, but I am flying close to the roof inspecting stuff, Im am getting a better antenna next month so metal and interference wont cause any grief

Brian, ah you have made me think, has my hand momentarily covered one of the antennas, that might be it?

Mine does it too everytime the gear is raised and lowered although i have only two flights on it. I get a brief yellow flash then all is well

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: kayakmtb
I've seen the orange flash a couple times in the last half dozen flights. Of course thats only what I've seen, could be more... But I've not noticed any issues...

Reactions: kayakmtb
Thanks folks that gives me some confidence that it may be "normal". That said I have just tried to callibrate the compass and it wont - I will start a separate thread!

Somehow I think I am going to be a "frequent flyer" of this forum...

Mine flashes 1 brief orange when the landing gear is raised or lowered.

Reactions: QuadBart
Mine flashes 1 brief orange when the landing gear is raised or lowered.

Yeah i dont know, Yuneec support above sheds some light on it above, I am sure they knwo! but why would it lose calibration when landing gear goes up and down. I leave mine down most of the time bad habit I think..

I have talked to yuneec and they say that is not an issue. That it could happen. I still would like to know why and why they all do not do it. Some of the craft do it and some dont.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mine just started to do that after the latest firmware update three days ago? Fly fine so far though!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval