Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Pairing Mantis G controller to Drone.

Reaction score
Hi all. Just purchased the Mantis G . Looks really good. I am just initially trying to pair the Drone with the controller, without success :-( Rear two legs of drone are flashing blue and so is the LED on the controller. I can't even find the Mantis G option on my phone Wi Fi settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First thing to do is make sure Yuneec Pilot is set to Mantis G and not Q. The binding procedure starts on page 9 of the attached manual and make sure the cable between the controller and smart phone is ‘data capable’. Charging only cables do not work.

Also, is this system new in box or used?

Are you using an iOS or Android smart phone?

Attachments

• User-Manual-4226929.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 22
This Mantis was bought new in November last year, but never used. I bought it via ebay last week. I tried the procedure on page 9, but still cant pair. I assumed that I could still see the Mantis wifi even without involving the phone.

According to the directions you need the phone to initiate binding. It may be possible once you are bound one time that you can then connect just the controller and aircraft.

Your phone has to be capable of 5.8 GHz WiFi. What phone are you using to run the Yuneec Pilot application?

Possibly an actual user may be able to verify my assumption.

Last edited:
Thanks DoomMeister. I'm using a Motorola G7 Play. I'll go and look into that now. This phone works ok with my DJI Mavic Pro . I really appreciate your help here.

The phone is the issue as it only supports 802.11b/g/n for WiFi. You need at 802.11a and preferably 802.11ac to support the WiFi. I believe your Mavic Pro uses 2.4 GHz WiFi so the 802.11n works fine.

COMMS
WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
Bluetooth4.2, A2DP, LE
GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
NFCNo
RadioFM radio
USBUSB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go

Is there any chance that your computer or another phone or tablet has 5.8 GHz 802.11ac capability ?

If so, you should be able to see if you can connect to the Mantis WiFi signal.

It’s free here! All we ask is pay it forward (aka help the next person you can).

Let us know what you find out. I’m certain the issue is just that you need a device capable of 5.8 GHz WiFi (802.11a/ac) to connect.

Brilliant. It was a phone issue . Now tested on iPhone 6 & Samsung Galaxy S5, both of which support 802.11 ac. Really really appreciated your input. I am now a " happy man" . Onward and Upward. :)

• Love
Reactions: DoomMeister
I still can't get the controller to bind to the phone. Tried everything. Have contacted Yuneec tech department but they have said contact Yuneec Germany, which I've done. Initial response was to follow a YouTube link. Tried that, but again no luck. Can only control drone via phone just now.

Will the controller bind to the aircraft if the phone is left out of the system. You can tell by the rear LED’s turning to purple and the blue light on the controller will be solid.

There may be a problem with the controller’s USB port. Yuneec UK turned you over to Yuneec Germany for help? Are you using the larger USB-A port on the controller to connect to the phone? I’m not positive, but I think the USB-C port is for charging the controller only.

I hate to barge in i hope you get er bound
I purchased mantis Q last week ebay works great can any one please get me a link to user manuel & a quick start guide ?

My Mantis Q will not bind also(I can see software version for app and controller in app)blue lights flashing on arms solid red light on main board.attached are my internal SD card files good or bad ??? any help would be appriciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz