Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Panoramic functions

Reaction score
First off, happy New Year to you all and may 2019 bring all we wish for!

I was out flying a couple of days ago and had a play with the panoramic options on the c23. I'm still on a steep learning curve with the TH+ and aerial photography, so this may be a school boy error, but...
I couldn't get a series of shots in a decent panorama before the automated process stopped. I'm assuming the c23 takes the pics automatically, but it only took 3. The camera button counted down from 8, so I expected 8 shots. Watching the feed, the camera panned on its own with no issues.

As for the sphere option, counted down 18, 17, then nothing. Just appeared to abandon the process.

Am I being an idiot (stands a fair chance) or is there a process I need to follow to set the system up prior to shooting?

When I tried

I have read about a fair few problems with this functionality - you are certainly not alone in finding that panoramics stop before you were expecting. You are not an idiot, but that process just doesn't work as it should yet, so we await firmware updates that address this. I have to admit I still find the occasional problem with the panoramic functions on the original Typhoon H, and that's been updated to the max. It will sometimes take 18 photos in the same place, or take 19 photos for no discernable reason, or pause for a minute between one shot and another. I have learned that if I want a decent panorama then I need to take at least one backup set...

Reactions: Exaere
At least it's not just me. I'll be doing manual ones from now [emoji106]

First off, happy New Year to you all and may 2019 bring all we wish for!

I was out flying a couple of days ago and had a play with the panoramic options on the c23. I'm still on a steep learning curve with the TH+ and aerial photography, so this may be a school boy error, but...
I couldn't get a series of shots in a decent panorama before the automated process stopped. I'm assuming the c23 takes the pics automatically, but it only took 3. The camera button counted down from 8, so I expected 8 shots. Watching the feed, the camera panned on its own with no issues.

As for the sphere option, counted down 18, 17, then nothing. Just appeared to abandon the process.

Am I being an idiot (stands a fair chance) or is there a process I need to follow to set the system up prior to shooting?

When I tried
I just tested this functions last week and could get 8 pictures in a separated folder. Could you please share more detail on your system, including firmware version, and a screen capture on st16 maybe is better.

Last edited:
Sorry, been manic here.

It's on build 777. I got 8 separate folders. Each folder had 1 image in it.

My camera moved in sphere for all stops, it was 16 pics in total. It was pretty windy yesterday and my battery was running low before I got a chance to do the normal panoramic.

For me, sometimes it's just that the pictures appear on the SD card much later than I did. The next time you start the drone, check if there are any new pictures in the panorama folder. Maybe they will appear.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
costimarcos