Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Parachute for H520

Everyone I've seen is self-packed. In fact, I have saved some Youtube videos where the manufacturers explain step by step how to fold them and put them back in the tube, or in the bag depending on the type of parachute.

Another type of parachute activation is the tilt, it can be programmed from which one has to shoot and also the emergency stop of the propellers. Everything depends on the system. In our case, which are generally not sports drones, at more than 45 degrees can be considered an excessive inclination and would be activated.

Also keep in mind that not all flight controllers are capable of doing this. The Pixhawk that I use allows me to configure everything in the controller itself and you can configure all the commented deployment events.

I don't think the H520 is ready, not being internally welded, I don't know, to have the functionality to control the parachute. Anyway, to solve this problem, the parachute manufacturers themselves provide small controllers that must be powered by a tiny battery that does all those functions and is responsible for firing the parachute.

Regarding the pyrotechnic propulsion systems, they are not of only 1 use and then we have to take it to the manufacturer, we fold it ourselves and change the explosive capsule for a new one that can be bought separately.

Everyone I've seen is self-packed. In fact, I have saved some Youtube videos where the manufacturers explain step by step how to fold them and put them back in the tube, or in the bag depending on the type of parachute.

Another type of parachute activation is the tilt, it can be programmed from which one has to shoot and also the emergency stop of the propellers. Everything depends on the system. In our case, which are generally not sports drones, at more than 45 degrees can be considered an excessive inclination and would be activated.

Also keep in mind that not all flight controllers are capable of doing this. The Pixhawk that I use allows me to configure everything in the controller itself and you can configure all the commented deployment events.

I don't think the H520 is ready, not being internally welded, I don't know, to have the functionality to control the parachute. Anyway, to solve this problem, the parachute manufacturers themselves provide small controllers that must be powered by a tiny battery that does all those functions and is responsible for firing the parachute.

Regarding the pyrotechnic propulsion systems, they are not of only 1 use and then we have to take it to the manufacturer, we fold it ourselves and change the explosive capsule for a new one that can be bought separately.

I'd agree, I've found all non-FAA Cert systems can be self packed.

The USA systems meeting FAA certified for the larger platforms, such as ParaZero; M210, M600Pro as examples are not repackable; either send in for repack or exchange for 2nd purchase. Their smaller units: Phantom, Mavic as examples have a system that can be User repacked & FAA cert.

The FAA Cert product by Indemnis is not self-pack, requires repurchase or send in for repack.

The electronics when removing the manual activation to meet FAA Cert, is fully contained within the chute package on-board, tapping into the platforms power source. The above brand FAA Cert systems don't have any RC Ground integrated systems... I'm not sure, haven't read into it much yet, but that may be part of FAA Cert being independent of the Ground control.

I like the trigger systems currently provided by FruityChutes & SkyCat, that do have small electonic component on ground... but they've indicated their FAA certified system will use a different trigger system.

See at PARACHUTE THREAT
I have spoken to some of the main companies that make them. Yuneec is considered a smaller company for drones. They only make them for DJI currently. I tried to find one also. I believe that since Yuneec has not come out with new products for it's 520. Autel will be the next one for parachute system.

I have spoken to some of the main companies that make them. Yuneec is considered a smaller company for drones. They only make them for DJI currently. I tried to find one also. I believe that since Yuneec has not come out with new products for it's 520. Autel will be the next one for parachute system.
That’s correct, not specifically designed for the H520 / H480.
That will effect obtaining a FAA Crowd Waiver, but if intent is to safeguard your aircraft & camera or meet job site liability requirements which don’t mean FAA Certified, just means a proven protective system, that satisfies Insurance policy... this requirement existed long before sUAV Crowd Waiver became a matter.

Several of the systems with a little creativity could be securely mounted on an H520 topside... I’d begin with modifying a Phantom mount since they share a similar top shape. A 3D printer would be able to create a mount.

The electronics to stop props isn’t DJI focused... Several can be used with any RC aircraft.

Once it’s securely mounted, the rest is cake... size of chute for total weight and desired decent rate, and manual/auto electronics as desired.

Again, if not specifically intended for FAA Waiver, the selection of FruityChute / Skycat could provide a solution. Talking with them, I think they’d even assist in creating a solution. FruityChute may not have their FAA cert yet, but they’re one of the oldest RC / Sm Aircraft / Rocket parachute systems... they might be most creative too.

If for FAA Waiver only... it won’t be on a Yuneec craft until Yuneec stimulates that need and with current sales not in upper percentages and not gaining, would probably need to supplement the development.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech