Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Parachute recovery system placement on an H?

yes sir ! works great .. i use a mars58 v2 parachute with mayday system ..
Do you happen to have a kit you sell for this mars parachute? I’m very interested.

My personal view is that fitting a parachute system to a drone will be of limited benefit, particularly if the drone is flown below 400'. The opportunity for the parachute to fully deploy to successfully prevent damage to the aircraft will be tight at best and will depend on certain factors in the nature of the aircraft's 'plummet'. Indeed, even at higher altitudes, there needs to be certain factors in place for successful deployment, for example, it all to easy for the parachute to become tangled with the props/arms.

Of course, this is just my view. Others will prolly see it differently.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
Yes I understand that but if fitted to the top of the H then it should be clear of these if all motors shut down

If deployed at 400' or 300' make sure it's not windy, or you'll have a long hike searching for it.:oops:

If deployed at 400' or 300' make sure it's not windy, or you'll have a long hike searching for it.:oops:
Perhaps you can get an attachment underneath which fires out a cord to grab to fly like a kite!

Asked the question again regards to a model specific here is their reply same as last year when I contacted them

Hello

Im sorry we do not have a dedicated system for that drone at this time

MarsTeam Member - Buddy

MarsParachutes.com

Well the reason they don't have one for the Yuneec because it has six engines, no need for one.
Evidently more D eee eeee eee? are crashing. so hard to say those words again!?
...................................................................................Edit" I mean letters.☝

Last edited:
But how often do you have power failure? 5280 + minutes of flight and no power failure yet.?
How long is the parachute system good for?

We'll you know their electronics are not 100% at times I know these things cant always be 100% reliable but I have more of a fear for a total power loss than I do of my H being a flyaway

Well the reason they don't have one for the Yuneec because it has six engines, no need for one.
Evidently more D eee eeee eee? are crashing. so hard to say those words a gain!?
Rehab for you Dji trauma?

• Haha
Reactions: AH-1G
We'll you know their electronics are not 100% at times I know these things cant always be 100% reliable but I have more of a fear for a total power loss than I do of my H being a flyaway
How do you know the parachute will save you 100% of the time?

Yea but for when a total power failure happens I would definitely have 1 for that reason aloan
The main reason why people experience total power failure while in the air is due to not securing the battery properly...not listening for that reassuring 'click'. By ensuring the battery is properly installed will eliminate almost all potential instances of power failure while in the air. That is, of course, assuming you don't just run the battery down to the point it can't keep the aircraft airborne.

The main reason why people experience total power failure while in the air is due to not securing the battery properly...not listening for that reassuring 'click'. By ensuring the battery is properly installed will eliminate almost all potential instances of power failure while in the air. That is, of course, assuming you don't just run the battery down to the point it can't keep the aircraft airborne.
Not wanting to tempt fate, but haven't seen any posts lately on that, hopefully it's becoming a rare occurrence now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder