Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Parachute recovery system placement on an H?

Reaction score
Has anyone fixed a parachute recovery system to a t-h? I purchased one and would be interested in some examples. Thanks j

Has anyone fixed a parachute recovery system to a t-h? I purchased one and would be interested in some examples. Thanks j
From what I know about them, they usually have a designated location recommended by the manufacturer. So it will state what type of unit it will work on, and best placement. Which one did you get?

I bought the hubsan. The price was right and seemed pretty reliable. I know it was not meant for the typhoon h but I think I can make it work.

I bought the hubsan. The price was right and seemed pretty reliable. I know it was not meant for the typhoon h but I think I can make it work.
Most I have seen in the past would only work if you are over 300' AGL to allow time for the chute to open. They seem to usually open on impact.

Reactions: WernerJB and AH-1G
I found this article while doing a search, the example picture includes a Yuneec Q500. Autonomous Parachute System for Drones - UAS VISION
The concept is good. The practical application is questionable. It just looks like it would make the Q500 top heavy and also cause more wind drag. Perhaps the development of new materials would allow the unit to be substantially smaller and lighter.

Just how are you suppose to trigger this thing ??? Not with the ST16...

Hi all. Thanks for the feedback. It triggers automatically by servo when turned to 80deg. I’ve tested without being on the drone it and it works great. The only drawback is that it must be installed facing the ground. It does not appear to arm otherwise.

the mayday system from marsparachutes can be placed in almost any direction .
it will deploy automatically no intervention necessary .

parachutes are only good on these birds in the event of power failure to motors .

Nice! I like the splat calculator. Do you think that aerodynamics and wind would also be a factor? The chute opens in about .5 a sec. there are some great YouTube videos of this chute deploying both on after market drones and the original hubsan one it was intended for. For the price I thinks it’s a good product that works exceptionally well.

Sorry I should correct myself the chute deploys in about .5 sec. it requires another 1.5 sec for the chute to open.

At 2 seconds to deploy and open, the drone falls 20 meters (65 feet). With a one second reaction time, you need to be at least a 45 meter (148 feet) minimum altitude.
Aerodynamics and weather conditions not considered.
What I don't know is how the added weight affects battery charge life.

Reactions: KellyR
I suspect the added weight as well as the extra drag will have an affect on the battery but not significantly. When I get it installed I’ll try and post a photo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval