Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Parrot has introduced the ANAFI Thermal, a new drone-based solution aimed at working professionals.

If you mean places where vehicles get stripped, then yes, several. ?
Next to the Port of LA. Remarkably there are dense residential areas to the west.

So it's not far from LAX where there are strip clubs...:p

Reactions: Phaedrus
Shows you that I operate in places other than nice open AMA flying fields. Images gathered are proprietary to my client, so if you need a video to prove I flew it, then I cannot help you.

[emoji1787] there are other means. But, they all say it’s proprietary... Didn’t we cover this topic in business 101 on how to make a portfolio?

[emoji1787] there are other means. But, they all say it’s proprietary... Didn’t we cover this topic in business 101 on how to make a portfolio?

No idea about your clients, but this one has a very strict policy about work product for their projects. Bottom line, they own it. The flying is only a small part of our services for them. We've worked for them for the last 23 years. I'm not inclined to piss them off to prove something to the Internet.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
In my photography business I own the images and issue Rights Licenses to the clients. No give on this one...EXCEPT a client I did a shoot for, of their Dassault Falcon.....turns out that owners of private and corporate jets are weird about this....they don’t like to see their aircraft images being used without their express permission and absolutely no tail numbers shown at all. I did manage to get them to allow me 1 image for my portfolio. I think I have a low res on my website.

In my photography business I own the images and issue Rights Licenses to the clients.

My business is not a photography or drone company. We do hazardous materials geological consulting. Our clients are mostly public agencies, and every contract we have had for the last 20+ years has been explicit about work product. Nature of the beast. Think law firm as opposed to photography studio.

I took part in the Mortenson/McCarthy joint venture of the Raiders stadium build. Not a lot of drone videos floating around and I was granted to show a clip, due to the clause of my contact.
I’ve been in the photography industry for a while both as a photographer, and a retoucher, I let that die, and got into flying drones as a full time job.

I shot the home of Christopher Johnson the owner of the NY Jets back in 2017, that video is on my Instagram. I’ll post that in my YouTube channel, soon.

We can flaunt all day, but it boils down to our portfolio, specially if we are dealing, with big contracts.

We are in the service industry, a portfolio and or any means of creating a chatter and visuals is what we do best ;-)

I don’t hide my clients they are listed in my site https://www.rprsolution.com

I'm not hiding anything. I just am barred by my contract from sharing any work product, because, again, I am not a photographer or drone business. I am a professional consultant with contracts with the City of Los Angeles (3 different agencies within the City), Los Angeles Unified School District, Yolo County, City of Santa Monica, and a smattering of private concerns. So my business is fundamentally different from yours, or most others here. I do not have a portfolio, because it is not even a small part of what I do. I have instead an advanced degree in geology and 34 years of professional experience. So are we done?

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I'm not hiding anything. I just am barred by my contract from sharing any work product, because, again, I am not a photographer or drone business. I am a professional consultant with contracts with the City of Los Angeles (3 different agencies within the City), Los Angeles Unified School District, Yolo County, City of Santa Monica, and a smattering of private concerns. So my business is fundamentally different from yours, or most others here. I do not have a portfolio, because it is not even a small part of what I do. I have instead an advanced degree in geology and 34 years of professional experience. So are we done?

[emoji1417]

I do get it, and yeah you told me of what you do. Two Milpitas city inspectors approach me, because they cannot use a drone for their job, nor fly as contractors, while working for the city. This goes with land surveyors as well.

I had to standby and watch another firm fly their Inspire to do some mapping on a site because they were licensed surveyors. Technically, in California if you do any sort of aerial mapping, surveying, 3D models, etc. you must be a licensed surveyor to do it. The City enforces that. Kind of sucked, but it is the nature of the beast. We are also subject to prevailing wage, certain union rules, and other arcane rules that make public agency work a "joy" to do.

Reactions: RPR
I had to standby and watch another firm fly their Inspire to do some mapping on a site because they were licensed surveyors. Technically, in California if you do any sort of aerial mapping, surveying, 3D models, etc. you must be a licensed surveyor to do it. The City enforces that. Kind of sucked, but it is the nature of the beast. We are also subject to prevailing wage, certain union rules, and other arcane rules that make public agency work a "joy" to do.

Here in the bay, or with Lennar specially, I coordinate, with land surveyors and I submit all the cached photos to them or they will instruct me how and when as well as how they want the final product to be. Most surveyors love their job and the high pay.. [emoji23]
I was in L.A not too long ago, because a land surveyor needs assistance in one of Lennar’s build. And yes! The Union! I’m a part of NICA here in the Bay Area that’s how I got Cemex and hopefully, I have been doing lots of praying that I will get Central Cement this season, doing asset management at Treasure Island, because De’Silva Gates is almost done, with the trenches and pipes, I won’t be seeing T.I if I don’t get Central Cement this season.

Reactions: Phaedrus
Likewise.

Hopefully, with the new drones and enterprise in the market it will inspire Yuneec to produce quality products.

Sorry I took this so far off topic. The ANAFI thermal looks interesting for sure. Good to see non-Chinese companies in the mix.
I'm curious as to what develops from it too.
We've touched this in other thread if interested, regarding comparison. It's the same Lipton 3.5 sensor as ME Dual, and same resolution 160x120 as CGO-ET but it's not the same caliber of sensor. The Lipton 3.5 and dual camera package is an improvement over the older sensor & package within CGO-ET.

For me the big thing is it is not a DJI product.
Hmmmm... Really, Kidding right? :p

For me, not that a 160 radiometric is an ideal solution, but with the FLIR enhancements, upscaling with RGB overlay and in my opinion the major plus is the 180 degree tilt 90/90 gimbal and the 3X Zoom makes it appealing in several facets where you may need to examine above you.

I personally thought the ME Dual was a bit flat in appeal and usage, but this little Anafi Thermo could be a nice addition to the toolbox, even if there was a 640-R Thermo too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval