Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

pesky st16s gps

Reaction score
I been fighting to keep the st16s gps up and running between st16s battery changes. Beginning to think relocating that gps in the controller may be in order. moving it outside of the controller about the same way as what is being done to some h480 and hplus units when battery mods are being done.

I too have noticed recently taking forever to get 11 plus sats on my ST16S!
Don't know if its the controller or other issue . Bird does fine.

I too have noticed recently taking forever to get 11 plus sats on my ST16S!
Don't know if its the controller or other issue . Bird does fine.
You could check if Android's location setting of the ST16S is set to "device only", so it does not try to use any known network or WiFi-locations nearby. That once caused trouble with my location search while connected to the mobile hotspot of my Android Phone.
Another thing that I noticed is that it could help if you keep your ST16S horizontally and try not to hold it leaned towards your body. The human body (or just parts like a hand) are very good GPS signal absorbers (due to the huge amount of water).
It also feels like being a good idea to turn on the ST16S with more than 50 % battery power after being shut down at the previous place , but that is more of a guess...

Reactions: davemh
st16s mounted on a tripod mounted screen facing the sky. happens after switch battery that is at 50 percent with one the fully charged. after switched on walk away from the unit and wait for it to fully load up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval