Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Pete USN retired NUKE and Commercial/Industrial HVAC-R TECH

Reaction score
Should have posted an intro before laboring members with questions so I apologize. Thanks for all the help so far. Hopefully I'll have be able to help others going forward.
Medically retired from USN after 10 years of service as a Nuclear Reactor Operator / Electronics Technician. Even though you are partially trained as an electronics technician you basically forget all of that because you dont actually use it.
16 years as a Commercial/Industrial refrigeration technician and retired on SSDI in 2014 due to the same kidney issue. My major last hobby before this was building handheld lasers (the most powerful over 7 watts) and being a major contributor over at the laserpointerforums where I had the top reputation (they use a member to member point system). Rep system was changed to being meaningless now and I started losing interest since there really isnt any new wavelength or more powerful diodes being released. You can see the collection of lasers I built or purchased under ER r member collections Pman although I have no more than half of those now.
I have MSK (Medullary Sponge Kidney) which isnt fair but what is rare is having severe chronic pain that feels like kidney stone pain without actually having a kidney stone. I make a LOT of stones though and was in the ER last week passing one. Ultrasound showed numerous stones both kidneys including a very concerning 4mm on the right and 8mm on the left. Very concerning as I've always been able to pass them on my own but have never had one over 3mm.
So I'm on chronic pain management for the MSK and get the added bonus of never ending stones.
That's basically my story but also the upside of having lots of time to delve into drones. I'm absolutely NOT looking for any kind of sympathy. It's just life and it wont last into eternity:)
I have a 24 year old son and a married 26 year old daughter with one grandson and another due end of January. Married 29 years this November to a school teacher who homeschooled our kids and is now a school bus driver.
Going for a visit starting Friday morning with about a 4 hour drive up into the beautiful adirondacks (Schroon lake area) and then 50 minutes down to Saratoga Springs to visit my parents, sister and 2 brothers, straight west to St. Johnsville to visit her family and then straight west again to home just outside of Rochester.
The point of all that was I intend to send my breeze drones up and get some really nice vids if the weather will cooperate. All of those stops are really beautiful. The first has the tallest one trees I've ever seen plus the lake and her parents live next door to my wife's sisters farm with big open areas.
Should mention I purchased my first breeze about 2.5 weeks ago at $150 with controller from Walmart and then a second one about a week later at another Walmart. Bought what was supposed to be a fully working used one from ebay for $60 that had some issues that I'm working on plus the seller is sending me another one that is a parts unit free which will arrive today or tomorrow. It's the main reason why I've been asking so many questions as I'm hoping to get it in complete working order before Friday morning as I would like to use it rather than the 2 new ones since I'm new to this in case something goes wrong. What I mean is I do something stupid and accidentally destroy a new one.
Long enough into? :)

Welcome to the forum.
We are here so pilots like you have a source to find answers to your questions.
Just watch flying below or around trees, they have a tendency to block GPS signals. You could take off with a good lock only to loose it once you get around the trees.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum. I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec quadcopters.
Enjoy the forum!
0ROJYyg.png

Welcome,

The Breeze is a cool little craft. It was my first and I still love it. The camera is fantastic for the money and it's nearly indestructible. Watch out for the batteries, if you don't take care of them they don't last long.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval