Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Photo/video quality

I also can do this setting, but after it, the camera image is freezed. I'm able to change to video, but not back to image. Than just loading in loop.

What version is your CGO3 app?
For what it may be worth, a comparison was done between CG03 and CGo3+ cameras.
The "DNG" setting worked on both of the CGo3+ cameras.
The "DNG" setting failed to work properly on either of the CGo3 cameras.

The comparison consisted of:
(2) CGo3 cameras running V2.4.00(A) firmware.
(2) CG03+ cameras running V3.2.34(A) firmware.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone running Android version 4.3.
APP version is "CGO" V01.0.0067.
SD card is a "Netac" U-3 rated card.

For me it looks like the app has a bug and did not recognize the return code. However, the setting was done and the Android-Back button let you get out of the loop. Once the jpg - dng setting was done the photo - video exchange hangs the same way. Back-button helps in my case for both effects.
My app version is V0.1.00067.
View attachment 29756

To set the Sharpness, connect the camera via WiFi. The open Browser and copy the two CGI commands to the URL input line and call it:
First this one to initiate the connection:
In the response you will see current settings inclusive Sharpness. The set sharpness:

Value can be 1..10.
Minimum=1 (seems to be useless)
Maximum=10
Default=6

For me value=8 looks best but this is subjective. Default = 6 seems to be also good.

I took some test pictures with sharpness 4 to 10. Here is the list with file size:
View attachment 29757

There is another 'hidden' command to set WiFi transfer speed:
rate can be 1 to 9, 9 is highest transfer rate.
This is not really useful except you want to download some pictures via WiFi. For videos also the 'high' speed is too slow.

More background information here:

br
Thank you so much for this info, great to know what this camera is able to do.

I installed the version 67 app and set the dng, in the loop I used my android back button.
Now, when I open the app and change from video to photo, the image is frozen and not able to watch live stream. If I change back to jpg, than the live stream is back. It's weird.
The crazy part, I can shoot images in dng, but without live stream.

For what it may be worth, a comparison was done between CG03 and CGo3+ cameras.
The "DNG" setting worked on both of the CGo3+ cameras.
The "DNG" setting failed to work properly on either of the CGo3 cameras.

The comparison consisted of:
(2) CGo3 cameras running V2.4.00(A) firmware.
(2) CG03+ cameras running V3.2.34(A) firmware.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone running Android version 4.3.
APP version is "CGO" V01.0.0067.
SD card is a "Netac" U-3 rated card.
Check the response from both cameras in a browser. Very possible the app knows only this one from 3+, if it is different from the 3's response.

An HTML page with buttons as commands will be a good preliminary step to preparing an application for the newest devices. Watching via rtsp, sends commands via browser.

Check the response from both cameras in a browser. Very possible the app knows only this one from 3+, if it is different from the 3's response.

An HTML page with buttons as commands will be a good preliminary step to preparing an application for the newest devices. Watching via rtsp, sends commands via browser.
All the cameras worked normally from the controller.
My memory is that there was an earlier version of the APK and possibly it was from the time before CGo3+ was introduced. I am looking for it but have not found anything. I am not sure it exists.

My memory is that there was an earlier version of the APK and possibly it was from the time before CGo3+ was introduced. I am looking for it but have not found anything. I am not sure it exists.
Did some more experimenting. I bound a CG03 to both a Smartphone and an ST10+ controller at the same time. The DNG feature worked on the controller but the smartphone would freeze up. It did not matter whether you used the controller or the smartphone to enter the DNG mode, the smartphone would freeze up and the controller would continue to work. If you then used the controller to return to JPG mode, the smartphone would return to normal behavior.
I looked at a lot of places. I cannot find even one of the previous versions of the CGo3 APK. I found a few mentions that suggest there were several revisions of the CGo3 APK before everything was combined into the CG0 APK.

APKPure has all versions of the CGO3 app. I have found the version that ends in 57 to work best with my Fire 7 tablet. The later versions of the app may work better with newer phones and the latest Android OS.

@h-elsner ’s Q500log2kml can send commands to the camera and use VLC media player to view the video feed. Cumbersome using a laptop in the field, but good for testing on the bench.

Reactions: 7cyclops
Any web browser can send commands. Read guys, read not only what you have written but others' posts too. ;)

APKPure has all versions of the CGO3 app. I have found the version that ends in 57 to work best with my Fire 7 tablet. The later versions of the app may work better with newer phones and the latest Android OS.

@h-elsner ’s Q500log2kml can send commands to the camera and use VLC media player to view the video feed. Cumbersome using a laptop in the field, but good for testing on the bench.
I downloaded the oldest version and gave it a try. It worked perfectly on the Samsung Galaxy S4.

Any web browser can send commands. Read guys, read not only what you have written but others' posts too. ;)
The problem for me is that I have no clue what commands to send or how to use a browser or anything else to send them. Sorry, but folks like me are destined to use other folks' programming forever.

For me it looks like the app has a bug and did not recognize the return code. However, the setting was done and the Android-Back button let you get out of the loop. Once the jpg - dng setting was done the photo - video exchange hangs the same way. Back-button helps in my case for both effects.
My app version is V0.1.00067.
View attachment 29756

To set the Sharpness, connect the camera via WiFi. The open Browser and copy the two CGI commands to the URL input line and call it:
First this one to initiate the connection:
In the response you will see current settings inclusive Sharpness. The set sharpness:

Value can be 1..10.
Minimum=1 (seems to be useless)
Maximum=10
Default=6

For me value=8 looks best but this is subjective. Default = 6 seems to be also good.

I took some test pictures with sharpness 4 to 10. Here is the list with file size:
View attachment 29757

There is another 'hidden' command to set WiFi transfer speed:
rate can be 1 to 9, 9 is highest transfer rate.
This is not really useful except you want to download some pictures via WiFi. For videos also the 'high' speed is too slow.

More background information here:

br
Here...

Did some more experimenting. I bound a CG03 to both a Smartphone and an ST10+ controller at the same time. The DNG feature worked on the controller but the smartphone would freeze up. It did not matter whether you used the controller or the smartphone to enter the DNG mode, the smartphone would freeze up and the controller would continue to work. If you then used the controller to return to JPG mode, the smartphone would return to normal behavior.
I looked at a lot of places. I cannot find even one of the previous versions of the CGo3 APK. I found a few mentions that suggest there were several revisions of the CGo3 APK before everything was combined into the CG0 APK.
Some happened here. When I choose dng, it save it settings, but when I choose photo mode, I don't have live stream. I used the PC software, where I can change between photo/video feature and seems than it works. But just if I set it from PC. On phone, it's has please wait loop, after back button, just a freezed image is visible.
If I set jpg again, the live stream is working again under video.

Since 2021 the CGO3 control function (and Q500 geotagging) was removed from q500log2kml and is now an own application called CGO3control.
When you download q500log2kml the cgo3control is in the zip file too.

br HE

Some happened here. When I choose dng, it save it settings, but when I choose photo mode, I don't have live stream. I used the PC software, where I can change between photo/video feature and seems than it works. But just if I set it from PC. On phone, it's has please wait loop, after back button, just a freezed image is visible.
If I set jpg again, the live stream is working again under video.
Try some of the older versions of CGo3 to find one that will work for your phone. (You may have to close some APKPure adds to see the "Older Versions" section.)

The very oldest version ends in 30. It was the first old version I tried, and it seems to work perfectly on a Samsung S4. Newer versions probably have progressively more features. @DoomMeister mentioned above he uses the version ending in 57 with his tablet.

Last edited:
Thanks, just now tried the 30 version and it works well!
The 57 still have the dng bug.

I try a few more versions, but would be great to know, can this camera do 360 panorama for example? Because in version 62, there are a button for it.

...... but would be great to know, can this camera do 360 panorama for example? Because in version 62, there are a button for it.
Probably not other than manual points and snaps.
The later CGO versions included the functions available in the CGo3+ camera. The CGo3+ featured automated panorama that used its full 360-degree rotation and the retractable landing gear of the Typhoon H drone for panorama images.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy