Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Photo/video quality

Reaction score
Hello!

I got a SteadyGrip with CGO3 camera.
I set the video settings (4K, 25fps) and works well, but as I read on the box it can 4K 30 fps, but I don't know how?

Another thing the image quality, 4000x3000 jpg and the camera made 1MB images with the worst quality what I ever seen. To change to dng is not working, because when try to save this setting, it goes in a please wait loop.

What I do wrong or what should I do to fix it?

Are you using the iOS or Android version of the CGO/CGO3 app?

If you are using the Android version you may have to try earlier versions of the app to find one that works properly with your phone. Try looking on APKPure website.

Are you using a U3 rated SD card?

Make sure your subject is well lit. The CGO3 is not a good low light camera.

I tried almost 10 earlier versions of the software, but not works good. In some functions do the "please wait" loop or after just a few settings like set to dng, the photo funcion is not operating.

I won't have access to similar equipment until late this evening, so I can't offer much. But a few questions:
1.) Did the camera ever perform well?
2.) If so, did anything happen between the last time it performed well and the first time it did not?
3.) Are the poor quality 1MB images you see on the SD card or on the phone?
4.) Have you accessed the camera using any device other than the Smartphone? Such as a controller or a different Smartphone.
5.) Do you know what firmware version the camera is running?

Reactions: 7cyclops
I cannot set the iOS version to use dng recording as the option is not available.

In the Android version I also get the please wait loop.

I would suggest using the ST10+ to do camera setup. It is unfortunate that Yuneec pretty much abandoned this in midstream. There are issues with every version on Android, and the iOS version is also incomplete.

A simple suggestion. Use any REST client and check if is DNG possible at all for this camera. If the answer is yes, so the proper app should be found or be written.

It's a new thing for me, just bought yesterday it. Firmwares are up-to-date on the camera.
I checked the images on my PC, so not just previews.

What is ST10+?

Last edited:
About SteadyGrip I can't read anything what can help. Trust me, I tried everything before I wrote my first post.

A steady grip is just a power source for the camera. Inside it has a PWM circuit, which is for moving the gimbal. All settings are made via WiFi.

A steady grip is just a power source for the camera. Inside it has a PWM circuit, which is for moving the gimbal. All settings are made via WiFi.
Understand, but than not understand, why I can't 4K 30fps option? Why dng option is freezing when I try to set it? If the app just send the command by wifi, why the camera stop working after some settings and work again, if I reset it?

Because probably these settings are not available for this camera. This is not related to the grip at all. You can send commands to the camera via third-party applications and watch the responses. This is discussed in the forum and I mentioned it.

Because probably these settings are not available for this camera. This is not related to the grip at all. You can send commands to the camera via third-party applications and watch the responses. This is discussed in the forum and I mentioned it.
The Yuneec stock app offer this options and the 4K 30fps printed on it's box.

Can you please share the thread, where can I read about third party apps?

The 4K 30fps is under the 3840x2160 setting where there is 24, 25, and 30fps choices.

I can reproduce the problem with DNG. Once I switch to DNG it shows HourGlass cursor. But If you use 'Back' button on the phone, you will come back to settings and DNG is set. After that you can take pictures in DNG format.
Size of my jpg files is 2MB for sharpness=8. I think 6 was the default value.
DNG.png

For now I will do some tests and later explain how to change sharpness (experimental command). This command is not availbale in app nor in ST10 RC.

br HE

I also can do this setting, but after it, the camera image is freezed. I'm able to change to video, but not back to image. Than just loading in loop.

What version is your CGO3 app?

For me it looks like the app has a bug and did not recognize the return code. However, the setting was done and the Android-Back button let you get out of the loop. Once the jpg - dng setting was done the photo - video exchange hangs the same way. Back-button helps in my case for both effects.
My app version is V0.1.00067.
CGO_app6_photo_settings.jpg

To set the Sharpness, connect the camera via WiFi. The open Browser and copy the two CGI commands to the URL input line and call it:
First this one to initiate the connection:
In the response you will see current settings inclusive Sharpness. The set sharpness:

Value can be 1..10.
Minimum=1 (seems to be useless)
Maximum=10
Default=6

For me value=8 looks best but this is subjective. Default = 6 seems to be also good.

I took some test pictures with sharpness 4 to 10. Here is the list with file size:
JPG_Sharpness4-10.png

There is another 'hidden' command to set WiFi transfer speed:
rate can be 1 to 9, 9 is highest transfer rate.
This is not really useful except you want to download some pictures via WiFi. For videos also the 'high' speed is too slow.

More background information here:

br

Reactions: 7cyclops

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook