Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

possible battery issue when using e30zx camera.

got my drone back last week. also got 2 gifi h3 batteries in. yuneec shipped out 5 h520e new flight batteries to cover what I lost. now finishing charging 4 yuneec oems that were not effected by the h520e power plug meltdown. doing 6 test flights with e30zx back to back. new data pilot seems to have logbook upload issue again this time invalid password despite being correct. also gives me chance to realy test the new data pilot version out.

@terrence davidson ,

When you had the meltdown issues was it just the battery connection board in the aircraft that was the issue more was there a problem with the Mainboard in the aircraft that caused this issue? This is something that I was never able to quite grasp in your posts about the issue.

just the mainboard battery connector. there was a issue with the board that was replaced. just got done with 6 flights flown hard back to back at 31mph max speed.. no meltdown on the batteries and no melting on the new board. flown from 100 percent to 20 percent. with e30zx. so far all is clear.

there was a loose screw floating inside the e30zx. just removed the top cover and light shake and out it came. the camera head is reassembled.

I have the logbook issue too. It seems to works real-time when the drone is connected to my phone’s hotspot, but not later when I’m back in the office. The new version also crashes sometimes when I’m switching batteries or turn the drone off and on without turning off the ST16E.

just got my 5 oem h520e replacement batteries delivered to me. I am now up to 10 h520e flight batteries.
I have 15 OEM batteries. A few of them don’t look melted per se, but do seem like the black plastic dividers were caught on the metal contacts and marred a bit when they were inserted. The batteries aren’t bulging or underperforming but I have my eye on them. If they are overheating and I need to replace them, how did you go about having them replaced? Who did you contact? Did you use that person’s email address you messaged me?

Eggman if any of your marred batteries looks like any of these photos I provided then you got trouble. can you get a photo of your marred batteries uploaded so I can look at them. also you are going to shine a bright light inside your airframe and check the battery contacts from the main board what you are looking for is left hand side refer to image 1 and 2 for connector inside drone that has damage and the mainboard must be replaced. It is sort hard to see but still if you pay close attention it is easy to spot the trouble area.

Attachments

• My Snapshot_26.jpg
    My Snapshot_26.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 4
  • My Snapshot_27.jpg
    My Snapshot_27.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 4
  • My Snapshot_28.jpg
    My Snapshot_28.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 3
  • My Snapshot_25.jpg
    My Snapshot_25.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Image (1).jpeg
    Image (1).jpeg
    345.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Image (2).jpeg
    Image (2).jpeg
    623.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
you have just confirmed my worst fear. egg man urgent ground your h520e at once it is damaged at the power connection. was vertigo drones your vendor if so contact them for rma asap. if not use the contact info I sent you. any other batteries you have are in the same condition?

****. There are a couple others like it but that battery (#8) is the worst. Bought it from the vendor. I will work with that contact. Thanks for the help!
you have just confirmed my worst fear. egg man urgent ground your h520e at once it is damaged at the power connection. was vertigo drones your vendor if so contact them for rma asap. if not use the contact info I sent you. any other batteries you have are in the same condition?

prepare photos of all damaged batteries you have for the vendor. do not remove any logs files from st116e and h520e aircraft. . have the vendor pull all logs from the st16e and h520e airframe and review them fully and or have them send the logs directly to yuneec for full review .

what is your primary payload used? and what are the typical mission types flown.
Thanks. I emailed the support contact you sent me. I have all the log files archived and will take pics. My normal missions are long, distant, high altitude (390ft) aerial photo survey flights using the E90X. They can last 5-6 hours and use all 15 batteries that I own. I’m in Florida too, so that’s not helping the situation.

just did a 7 full flight battery run from 100 to 15 percent mark. with e90 at 31mph. all flight batteries have no connection head issues after the run drone main battery connector also all clear.

Reactions: Eggman
I heard from Jennifer and Joe. Got a label to send the drone to Joe for repair, and a warranty replacement on the way for the batteries. Thanks so much for the head's up about the problem and the contact info. There probably would have been a real meltdown before I realized what was going on.

This is scary because from talking to one of the guys at Advanced Labs there is no known cause which means that the hardware can't be revised to provide a fix. We just have to hope that the new board doesn't fail. We've got about 30 flights into our new build and I am definitely not seeing the temperature Spike that I previously saw on that side of the connector and battery. Sticks crossed!

This is scary because from talking to one of the guys at Advanced Labs there is no known cause which means that the hardware can't be revised to provide a fix. We just have to hope that the new board doesn't fail. We've got about 30 flights into our new build and I am definitely not seeing the temperature Spike that I previously saw on that side of the connector and battery. Sticks crossed!
Here’s what Vertigo said about the problem:

“In my experience, this seems to be limited to a certain batch of H520E main control boards. The solution thus far has been to replace the main control board, and that has fixed all future problems.”

Reactions: chascoadmin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval