Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Posting Revival - "Herky Jerky C23"

Reaction score
With regards to a previous post from a couple of years ago, I'd like to add that my H Plus camera does indeed jerk quite a bit, which ruins video footage. Perhaps it's a problem with the aerodynamic design of the camera catching the wind - my Typhoon H480 does not have this problem because the Cgo3+ is housed in a rounded casing (apparently). Does anyone know of a fix for this - maybe some kind of ultra-light material to wrap around the body of the C23 to prevent the air resistance? Problem is this camera is balanced to not take on any additional weight whatsoever. I've tried to carefully control movement if the drone to avoid this sudden jerking, but it still happens. Not so much a problem when moving straight up or down.

With regards to a previous post from a couple of years ago, I'd like to add that my H Plus camera does indeed jerk quite a bit, which ruins video footage. Perhaps it's a problem with the aerodynamic design of the camera catching the wind - my Typhoon H480 does not have this problem because the Cgo3+ is housed in a rounded casing (apparently). Does anyone know of a fix for this - maybe some kind of ultra-light material to wrap around the body of the C23 to prevent the air resistance? Problem is this camera is balanced to not take on any additional weight whatsoever. I've tried to carefully control movement if the drone to avoid this sudden jerking, but it still happens. Not so much a problem when moving straight up or down.
Does the jerking only happen when you are using the Pan knob to rotate the camera?
Have you looked carefully at the displays for K1 and K2 in "RC Monitor" to see if there is any noise visible in the scale(s)?

Last edited:
Can you upload a sample video to Youtube so we can see what your camera is recording?
I'm curious if it's Jello or mechanical.

Does the jerking only happen when you are using the Pan knob to rotate the camera?
Have you looked carefully at the displays for K1 and K2 in "RC Monitor" to see if there is any noise visible in the scale(s)?
Actually, the jerking seems to occur when the camera encounters a slight wind or other force. Happens when using pan knob or not. I'll see if I can check the K1 and 2, but I had this problem occasionally with my other Hplus and all the RC monitor readings were ok.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Are the Silicon Filled Rubber Gimbal Dampers "Stretched" when the Camera is Mounted on your Drone? Are they "Leaking" Silicone?
Those dampers 'always' stretch out, no matter how many times I replace them. Difficult to replace too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech