Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Price advice on a Typhoon H Pro, 3 to 4 years old.

Reaction score
Hi all
I had the chance of a typhoon H Pro that looks like it just come out the box complete that was 3 to 4 years old for £900 which in my way of thinking was crazy New £1099 but the guy was adamant that he wanted £900 curiosity what would be a sensible price I personally think after 4 years I would use it for spares so what is a sensible price for a T H Pro that's 3 to 4 years old and had very little use "apparently" many thanks

I would think it all depends on what else comes with it. For example, I'm selling mine, and I've listed it at $1,600USD, or best offer. Mine is in excellent condition, comes with a second CGO3+, with both camera lenses having been switched to higher-workout PixAero lenses. I'm also including several batteries, extra props, the backpack, and several other extras.

With everything I'm including, my asking price is an excellent deal (based on current eBay prices, everything I'm including would cost over 2,100USD. However, if the offer your considering is just the "as in box" items, then I'd say it's not a good deal. For an extra $200, not only would you be getting everything factory-new, but you'd also get a warranty. Even buying used, you need to weight the 'pros' & 'cons'...price, alone, is not the only factor to consider.

I'd recommend going back to the ad, typing up a list of everything included beyond the "factory packaged" items, price out everything on eBay (which is exactly what I did in order to determine my asking price...which, again, is over $500USD below 'market value'), and determine, for yourself, as to whether, or not, the deal is worth it. You could find the deal 'outstanding', 'average', or 'not on your life would anyone with any intelligence consider that a good price'. Without actually seeing the ad, myself, I'm going to take a wild guess that the "answer" is one of the latter two possibilities.

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best...and hope, whether you buy that TH, or something else, that you're in the air soon.

I would think it all depends on what else comes with it. For example, I'm selling mine, and I've listed it at $1,600USD, or best offer. Mine is in excellent condition, comes with a second CGO3+, with both camera lenses having been switched to higher-workout PixAero lenses. I'm also including several batteries, extra props, the backpack, and several other extras.

With everything I'm including, my asking price is an excellent deal (based on current eBay prices, everything I'm including would cost over 2,100USD. However, if the offer your considering is just the "as in box" items, then I'd say it's not a good deal. For an extra $200, not only would you be getting everything factory-new, but you'd also get a warranty. Even buying used, you need to weight the 'pros' & 'cons'...price, alone, is not the only factor to consider.

I'd recommend going back to the ad, typing up a list of everything included beyond the "factory packaged" items, price out everything on eBay (which is exactly what I did in order to determine my asking price...which, again, is over $500USD below 'market value'), and determine, for yourself, as to whether, or not, the deal is worth it. You could find the deal 'outstanding', 'average', or 'not on your life would anyone with any intelligence consider that a good price'. Without actually seeing the ad, myself, I'm going to take a wild guess that the "answer" is one of the latter two possibilities.

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best...and hope, whether you buy that TH, or something else, that you're in the air soon.
Thanks for your reply
I said exactly the same
I have the Typhoon H Pro and it come complete with realsense case extra props 2 batteries battery charger in-car charger and a full one year guarantee all for 1100 British pounds,
I must admit some of these second-hand prices have been crazy

Thanks for your reply
I said exactly the same
I have the Typhoon H Pro and it come complete with realsense case extra props 2 batteries battery charger in-car charger and a full one year guarantee all for 1100 British pounds,
I must admit some of these second-hand prices have been crazy
True...and, as pointed out by Sureshot, with used, you don't always know the considering of the batteries. Using the kit in selling as an example, while I am including the original battery, it's obvious which of the 5 batteries is the original, and 3 of the other 4 are all almost brand-new. The kit you mentioned in your initial post could include recently-purchased batteries...or, it could include the original batteries, well-used, and not much useable life remaining. Thanks, using the GUI software, you can tell how many cycles a pack has gone through. If the seller claims "lightly used", and the software tells you 30-40 cycles, you know the seller is lying.

Hi all
I had the chance of a typhoon H Pro that looks like it just come out the box complete that was 3 to 4 years old for £900 which in my way of thinking was crazy New £1099 but the guy was adamant that he wanted £900 curiosity what would be a sensible price I personally think after 4 years I would use it for spares so what is a sensible price for a T H Pro that's 3 to 4 years old and had very little use "apparently" many thanks
I feel he is pricing it too high. He has attached emotional original pricing to it. Anything that is electronics that no longer has any warranty is 1/3 to 1/2 the new price. Then you base it on what you can get today that has for the most part, the same features and functions or better. Usually you will then find for a few dollars more, you can get something new for a similar price. I see this all the time with used camera sales. Some people try to get slightly under what they paid new for it 10 years ago because it has been "hardly ever used" and they are including the original "box"....the box adds no value what so ever to buying a used item, or new used item. The only thing that is different with this product(Yuneec) is that the Styrofoam in the box is important for transporting.

So I would say no matter his price you have two options.

1) Have a set price in mind and show up with cash, mostly mid range bills to make the stack look impressive. Have a low price and a max high price. Have the low price cash in one pocket, but have the balance to make up your high price cash spread out through your other pockets. That way you are not showing all your cards at once, and you can fumble and say "let me see if I have a little more" or something like that. I did that back when I was buying cars. I always payed in large stacks of $20(CAD) bills.

2) Be patient as another good deal will surely come along as long as you are in no rush.

Finally, no matter what someone says, if they are re-selling it, it is no longer new or barely used. Used is used....period.

Not always true. If it's factory-sealed, or if it was opened only to take photos, then legally, as well as morally, it is still "new".
Morales have nothing to do with it. If it has been purchased and opened, or a seal broken to take pictures, or even to just look at, then it is no longer considered new by the manufacturer and therefore it can no longer be legally called new. You can still call it new or call it a Unicorn, but in the eyes of the courts and the stance of the manufacturers, it is not new. It now becomes used or second hand.

The reason for that is because once it has been opened, there is no way to verify that it has not be altered in some form or had something happen to it that can not be seen or identified yet. If an item is an electronics device and a manufacturer has a policy set up with the retailer, then it can be returned to the retailer, who then returns it to the manufacturer for the item to then become factory reconditioned.

The whole concept of an unopened item as being new only came about with eBay to try to get people to buy cheaper priced products that were purchased in bulk by a clearing house, but the manufacturer no longer offered warranties on. This also gave rise to a term called "NOS"

Factory reconditioned items can be opened or seal broken items that are tested and resealed with the factory reconditioned sticker put on them. If it is in a sealed box that was purchased and never opened, then this could be referred to as "NOS", which is New Old Stock, but this would also have no warranty and only would only have added value if it were a collectible item.

Canada and the US, have for the most part the very same rules with respect to this under the Free Trade Agreement. I was involved in the tech and manufacturing industry for quite a few decades and had this come up quite often.

IMHO that would be a PASS on the purchase...old and outdated, no longer supported by Yuneec. As people said emotionally attached to the original purchase price, (perceived value vs. actual value) . Max value maybe 250-300 Euro MAX!

IMHO that would be a PASS on the purchase...old and outdated, no longer supported by Yuneec. As people said emotionally attached to the original purchase price, (perceived value vs. actual value) . Max value maybe 250-300 Euro MAX!
Let's wind back a bit, I had no intentions of buying it for anywhere near that price a drone that age is only good for spares, what I was actually asking it's why people seem to sell these drones that are a couple of years old for close to the original price, any electrical circuitry after a year starts to become obsolete in its operation,

...why people seem to sell these drones that are a couple of years old for close to the original price...

Perhaps years ago they paid thousands of $$$$ for the kit and refuse to accept that their investment isn't worth anywhere near what they originally paid, and by listing the original retail price compared to their asking price justifies it. Makes it look like a better deal than it actually is. Plus, like anyone, they try to get the most possible cash they can, refusing to accept the actual value, or more dubiously, hoping for someone who simply hasn't done their homework.

Even cursory research into Craigslist, eBay, forums, etc...will show that an H480 kit can be bought for $300 or even less if you're patient and quick on the draw. Extra stuff? Of little value usually. That stuff is of value to the original owner, but not usually to the purchaser who doesn't really want it or care about it. I've seen extra ST16's go for $75. (not the ST16S though) There's some on eBay right now for $89.

It's always best to do your research and learn the actual value. Just because someone prices something doesn't mean it'll actually sell for that. Watch for time on the market, price drops, etc. Some sellers will even mark the ad as "sold" even though it didn't to make it look like it did...and later put up their "backup kit" with the same or lower price and try again.

The price of anything is only that which someone else will pay for it. Historically, model aviation equipment loses ~50% of it’s cost the moment it is first bought new. Age is factored after that, along with tech advancement of other products that occurred after a product was purchased.

So if you bought something new and want to sell it, a savvy buyer would offer around half what you paid for it. If you had it a ling time but never used it, the selling price falls a little further. This is especially true with products using lipo batteries as battery availability for the product may not be present, rendering the product useless unless alternative power supplies can be obtained.

If you bought something, held on to it unused for a long time, while similar products experienced technological advances during that time you may find you would almost have to give the stuff away as people seek the latest, greatest at the lowest price.

Anyone paying $900.00-$1,000.00 or more for a new Typhoon H would have to be pretty dumb.

Anyone paying $900.00-$1,000.00 or more for a new Typhoon H would have to be pretty dumb.

I would say anyone paying more than $700 for a Typhoon H kit would be foolish. Even well equipped with multiple batteries and dual controllers.

I would say anyone paying more than $700 for a Typhoon H kit would be foolish. Even well equipped with multiple batteries and dual controllers.

^^nailed it^^

480 packages are worth/going for $425-$700. I wouldn’t pay more than $550 and a few times a week on eBay you can get one for that amount. People trying to sell them for $800-$900-$1000 are smoking something. Some folks can’t let go of the fact that they paid $1500 for it a year or two back.

Prices for the 480 have been crushed over the past 8 months or so, add the fact there’s no customer support for them either and it’s a recipe for disaster.

Luckily you can buy them pretty cheap to the point that even using yuneec customer service is obsolete.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval