Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problem using WiFi extender?

Reaction score
Yes it does. Can fly to the geofences without breakup of the video feed or lag in control response. Another member has doubled the distance fence using this repeater/extender on flat open terrain. See it here Breeze Range Extender.
Yes it does. Can fly to the geofences without breakup of the video feed or lag in control response. Another member has doubled the distance fence using this repeater/extender on flat open terrain. See it here Breeze Range Extender.

So I have Zyxel WRE6606 repeater up and running but I notice if the Breeze Cam app closes or I return to iPhone main screen the Breeze automatically lands itself straight down! It doesn’t hover in mid air like when I use the iPhone wifi alone..... repeater works but I see a problem if I’m over water or far away and app crashes it’s going to spontaneously land itself and not hover while I restart the app...which I have done multiple times with iPhone wifi alone.

Please let me know if you guys experience this and if im missing something in setup.

TopperHarley,

Thanks for the heads up on this. Maybe @TStover can test this on his rig. My Breeze is out for repair for an overheating issue, so I can’t test it right now.

Ok,
So I have Zyxel WRE6606 repeater up and running but I notice if the Breeze Cam app closes or I return to iPhone main screen the Breeze automatically lands itself straight down! It doesn’t hover in mid air like when I use the iPhone wifi alone..... repeater works but I see a problem if I’m over water or far away and app crashes it’s going to spontaneously land itself and not hover while I restart the app...which I have done multiple times with iPhone wifi alone.

Please let me know if you guys experience this and if im missing something in setup.

I just tested this out on my 2017 iPad. If I go to the main screen of the iPad the Breeze will land in 10 seconds, with or without the extender, made absolutely no difference.

The only way I could avoid that was to swipe up from the bottom of the screen, showing the list of running apps. As long as I didn’t touch any of the other apps the Breeze continued to hover. You can also swip up to show the dock, and drag an app onto the screen and the Breeze will continue to hover, but it will not do split screen, the new app cover part of the Breeze app.

Here is a short screen recording of my test:

I think I should have started a new thread for this!

Did another test with Safari/using the keyboard, as well as the photo app with the video above playing. It didn’t land.

I created this thread to move posts from a guide for setting up the WRE6606 to a more appropriate heading. A new thread should have been created. The subject is related, but not the same as the original thread.

From the tests conducted by @TStover, I think we can conclude that the actions of the Breeze are the same whether the WiFi extender is used or not. The extender just allows for a better WiFi connection compared to the phone/pad/tablet alone. It will also allow those with 2.4 GHz WiFi to connect to the Breeze without buying a new phone/pad/tablet.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop