Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problem with MicroSD card

Reaction score
hello,

i tried to use this microsd card on my H3 drone (see picture), it is formatted as exFAT32 on the pc, then i reformatted it with the drone. Everything seems ok but when I take pictures in the end there is nothing on the card !!

Is there a compatibility problem with this type of card, can you recommend a brand that works in this case? thank you

carte SD 128Go.JPG

Try with 64 or 32 GB. The old CGO3+ works very well with 128 GB, the new products work with 16 and 32 and with some tricks with 64. Probably the engineer for cameras in Yuneec is only one guy.
edited by moderator

----
Of course, you can play with different allocation unit's size, and probably you'll have success, but this is not for sure. Better to use a preliminary working solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: seb37
hello,

i tried to use this microsd card on my H3 drone (see picture), it is formatted as exFAT32 on the pc, then i reformatted it with the drone. Everything seems ok but when I take pictures in the end there is nothing on the card !!

Is there a compatibility problem with this type of card, can you recommend a brand that works in this case? thank you

View attachment 24217
Did you try the card without formatting in-camera ?

What format is on the card after formatting in-camera?

When the H+ was introduced it took several firmware updates for the camera to get various brands of cards to work. I really don’t understand why there is such a problem with this when there is supposed to be a standard for SD put out by the SDA (Secure Digital Association). You either follow the standard or you don’t.

Try reformatting back to exFAT with the computer to see if it will then work in the ION camera.

Did you try the card without formatting in-camera ?

What format is on the card after formatting in-camera?

When the H+ was introduced it took several firmware updates for the camera to get various brands of cards to work. I really don’t understand why there is such a problem with this when there is supposed to be a standard for SD put out by the SDA (Secure Digital Association). You either follow the standard or you don’t.

Try reformatting back to exFAT with the computer to see if it will then work in the ION camera.

I format in FAT32 and another case in exFAT32 but in both cases the card is not recognized by the drone "no sd card".
So I'm forced to format with the drone everything seems ok, but no photo are saved on the card !!

Will it record video and not photos?

It could be that if you are set to video mode it will not record stills. You may have to change mode of operation to photo mode to be able to record stills.

I do not have an H3 so I’m taking a guess. There have been other models that were that way.

[/QUOTE]
Will it record video and not photos?

It could be that if you are set to video mode it will not record stills. You may have to change mode of operation to photo mode to be able to record stills.

I do not have an H3 so I’m taking a guess. There have been other models that were that way.
no i am well in photo mode, i think maybe the problem is that this card is an A2 mode. I read here : Compatible Micro SD Cards for the Typhoon H+ C23 Camera even if there is not the same drone, the A2 mode are not compatible... what do you think of that ?

In this case, just buy one with class A1 and use it. This one you can use on a different device.

It will do not work...

Reactions: seb37
no i am well in photo mode, i think maybe the problem is that this card is an A2 mode. I read here : Compatible Micro SD Cards for the Typhoon H+ C23 Camera even if there is not the same drone, the A2 mode are not compatible... what do you think of that ?
[/QUOTE]
If you read the whole post the A2 cards became compatible with firmware 809 for the H+/C23. I use a SanDisk extreme 64GB and 128GB A2 U3 V30 in my CGO3+ and they work fine. So far all Yuneec cameras have had an upper size limit of 128GB and I doubt that changed for the Leica.

Reactions: Mike Irish
ah ok for this information... so i don't understand why i failed to use this card on my drone...

I would contact Yuneec support in your part of the world and ask what SD cards are compatible with the Leica camera on the H3. We have less than 10 members that I know of that own the H3 so our knowledge is very limited at this time. You can try another SD card that has the U3 rating and is A1 instead of A2 and see if that makes a difference.

I had the same problem with Leica camera in my H3. I got no help from Yuneec support. But I could solve the problem by myself. The Leica camera formats only in FAT32, and doesn't understand an exFAT preformatted SD card. The H3 was delivered with a SanDisk edge, 32 GB, and this card worked well in the Leica camera. However a SanDisk extreme, 32 GB failed. To analyse the problem I measured the effective write & read speed of both cards. Results are in the attached file. The write speed of the SanDisk extreme is slower then that of the SanDisk edge. In the next step I tried a SanDisk extreme pro which is much faster. This SD card works well in the Leica camera. The detailed spec of this card is: microSD HCI U3 A1.

Attachments

• SD-comparison.jpg
    SD-comparison.jpg
    745.6 KB · Views: 6

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal