Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problem with non original propellers - drone go crazy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I will try to summarize my problem: I was flying the drone near some trees and two helicopters tuveron some small scratches. The next day I flew the drone and it remained stable in position but tried to turn on its axis. I decided to replace all the propellers but I bought a non-original set on ebay. these propellers did not fit well and I had to file the propellers to move better because they were a little tight. When I tried to fly again I had an accident, the drone tried to take off but it felt like it was going down and up the speed of the engines, it went up about 8 meters and suddenly it went crazy, flying to the side and suddenly it turned off the engines and fell. Do you think that some non-original propellers can cause this strange behavior maybe because they do not fit as well as the original ones? anyway I just ordered a new original set and I'm waiting for them to arrive.

Thank you.

Hi,
noticed this style of behaviour when the drone battery is getting towards its cycle life.
just a thought " battery" ??

I had different but also very bad experiences with non OEM propellers made by XCSource. On arrival I noticed they are not balanced so I did it myself. But still I had two incidents when the propellers ripped apart mid flight. The first time I was lucky and landed the Typhoon H in five motor mode. The second time the propeller hit the one next to it, so I lost two propellers next to each other. The Typhoon H went down quiet fast but stillt in a normal postiton and smashed the CGO3+. The craft itself did not suffer any damage but the camera was completly destroyed. The beams got bend, the case cracked, wires got ripped, connectors where pulled of the mainboard, the mount was damaged... All in all the camera was a total loss.

I do not know if any of you had similar experiences but I will only use the OEM propellers in the future.

Non-OEM props are a bad idea with the Breeze and I have not heard of a good experience with them, only bad.

Back to the original problem of rotating in a hover is more indicative of needing to calibrate the compass.

When you put the new OEM props on, be sure to do another compass calibration before flying.

Thanks to all . I will wait for the new propellers, will calibrate the drone again and will let you know the results. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig