Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problems with the H since release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Lets use this area to keep track of problems we are seeing as we start using the H. So far I have read:
1. Loose part in ST16 (2 reported on this forum): beleived to be loose internal fan motor.
2. Battery received DOA.

Reactions: HarveyC
Lets use this area to keep track of problems we are seeing as we start using the H. So far I have read:
1. Loose part in ST16 (2 reported on this forum): beleived to be loose internal fan motor.
2. Battery received DOA.

2. Battery received DOA.
3. Noted tipping over effects when landing and motors not setting to idle upon landing

Reactions: HarveyC
View attachment 569 View attachment 569 View attachment 572 View attachment 569 View attachment 572 View attachment 575 View attachment 572 View attachment 569 I just received my H on 3/17 and noticed a rattle in the transmitter, was not about to send it in to see what it was and wait who knows how long. Took it apart and yes it was the intake fan motor just roaming all around inside the radio. Put it back on and heard a small click like it locked back on, hopefully that is the case. Then I went to put in the sd card to check that out and it went and fell inside the transmitter, bad design there. If you put it in at a angle can fall inside. So that was the second tear down, then came #3. After got it back together one of the slider on the back of the radio got turn around and had to take it apart to get it turned around. One pic is of the sd card holder and you can see how there is a gap from the case.

see pics on post 17

Last edited:
Was it the actual motor, or fan blade? I just saw the 'Fan Blade" lying there? Big difference ! Just curious !;)

I flew my H today for the first time. It said there was a issue with one of the motors. So I brought it back to land. Fired it back up and it been fine ever since. It was a little windy and it must of freak out over that.

Can I ask what is a AD Card? Was it hard to get the controller apart, just screws or screws and snap tabs? Inquiring Minds Want to Know ! LOL !

View attachment 572 View attachment 569 View attachment 572 View attachment 575 View attachment 572 View attachment 569 I just received my H on 3/17 and noticed a rattle in the transmitter, was not about to send it in to see what it was and wait who knows how long. Took it apart and yes it was the intake fan motor just roaming all around inside the radio. Put it back on and heard a small click like it locked back on, hopefully that is the case. Then I went to put in the sd card to check that out and it went and fell inside the transmitter, bad design there. If you put it in at a angle can fall inside. So that was the second tear down, then came #3. After got it back together one of the slider on the back of the radio got turn around and had to take it apart to get it turned around. One pic is of the sd card holder and you can see how there is a gap from the case.
I believe you posted the same pic twice. From your text it sounded like there were two different pics?

Just got done flying. I did a gimbal calibration before I flew as well as compass. The gimbal when panning right gets stuck at 2 o'clock. I tap it and it goes. When I pan left it slows at the 2 o'clock position. Going to do some research on the gimbal calibration and see if it fixes it. If not I'm going to be pissed.

Captain, it seems the issues are the fan blades coming off the motor, not the motors coming loose, What's you take?
Certainly looks like just the fan portion which sits on a magnetic mount. My take is that Yuneec has to install stronger magnets on them fans to hold the blade portion in place.

I'd like to see a pic of that SD card holder/slot gap that Chris A mentioned.

Just got done flying. I did a gimbal calibration before I flew as well as compass. The gimbal when panning right gets stuck at 2 o'clock. I tap it and it goes. When I pan left it slows at the 2 o'clock position. Going to do some research on the gimbal calibration and see if it fixes it. If not I'm going to be pissed.
The fact that you tap it and it begins to work fine again tells me that there may be something slowing the movement (tiny piece of something in there from assembly?). It will probably work itself free with use.

3. Noted tipping over effects when landing and motors not setting to idle upon landing

For some reason besides the tipping over issue it suddenly flew towards my pickup when attempting to land and crashed into it. It did not respond to control stick movements to get it to return to landing spot. It was facing away from me and my pickup so no chance to know if obstacle avoidance would have helped. On the bright side, the arms were still very secure despite some reviewers saying that the arm hinges appeared weak (they don't to me).

Updated pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    472.5 KB · Views: 195
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 192
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    844.6 KB · Views: 187
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    653.7 KB · Views: 192
Reactions: NealC and Pharkas
For some reason besides the tipping over issue it suddenly flew towards my pickup when attempting to land and crashed into it. It did not respond to control stick movements to get it to return to landing spot. It was facing away from me and my pickup so no chance to know if obstacle avoidance would have helped. On the bright side, the arms were still very secure despite some reviewers saying that the arm hinges appeared weak (they don't to me).
Harvey, where are your pic ?

Reactions: Brian Mackey
There will be manufacturing errors; may as well get used to seeing reports of them. Having said that, when a Yuneec rep was quoted (paraphrased) as saying they were shipping as fast as they could build them, it sent shivers up my spine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval