Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Prop Damage!

I'm so bummed! I just had to tell somebody who might understand. :(
In the whole time I have had my two Typhoon H480s and my H Plus, I have never crashed or had a landing mishap (the pounding you hear is me knocking on wood!) that has damaged a prop, all birds are flying on the original 6 "Wings". But today I broke my perfect record and managed to brake my first prop (as a mournful dirge starts droning in the background).:mad:
I know, I hear everyone's hearts pouring out as they remember their first crash and broken prop. But before you jump to conclusions and offer up your sincere heartfelt condolences (while secretly judging and condemning my piloting skills:confused:), allow me to explain.

I wasn't flying it! No, I was carrying it upstairs to my works space and I clipped the balustrade as I rounded the landing and SNAP! There went the prop blade, just like that! I know I know, I should have had the props off, or at least the arms folded, but hey, I've done this a million times without incident. I guess this is a just simple case of "Familiarity breeds" contempt, and I have learned a painful lesson, and I assure you it will never happen again. Because I can also assure you I have no contempt for my babies!

Yet I am left with a lingering and haunting question, that I'm not sure I can answer objectively. So my question for everybody is, does this actually constitute a "Crash?":oops:
But wait! Before you answer and pass judgement, and pull my wings, lets talk about a plea bargain. How about we drop any "Crash" charges, and I plead guilty to "Pilot Error" while taxiing?

Exhibit A: View attachment 13397
Is this thread caused by a prop damaged by someone walking with the H inside a building? Moderator, pls stop such nonsens in this serious forum. :mad:

Reactions: DCH
So, you were at 10 feet AGL, inside the house much less than 3 miles visibility, ceiling only 8' or so. If you were 107 certified, you will likely get demoted to 106.5. The good news, since it's a hex, it could still move under control with one broken prop.

Perhaps the clouds outside were broken, and they wanted something else in their condition.

In the full size world maintenance is totally responsible for the aircraft until it is on the flight line and the pilot has signed for it. So, it was obviously a maintenance issue and not a pilot issue! , lol

I guess he'd better hire a qualified and up to date aircraft maintenance engineer quick smart!!!

Maybe that’s the problem... subbing out the maintenance work to subcontractors rather than pay time and benefits. If there isn’t skin in the game, no one pays as much attention to the outcome.

Hire in-house, pay in-house, and benefit from the in-house loyalty already!

1 question nobody has ask did you trip on the stairs if it is the case then it has got to be a crash. But if you did not then i have got to go with @DoomMeister and claim the balustrade jumped out in front of you

1 question nobody has ask did you trip on the stairs if it is the case then it has got to be a crash. But if you did not then i have got to go with @DoomMeister and claim the balustrade jumped out in front of you

Let the record show that my Landing gear er feet never faltered, not once! What we have here is not an error in judgment, rather a carefully devised plan, cleverly orchestrated by several perpetrators. We have a negligent maintenance crew, a corrupt aircraft marshal with dead batteries, and as we can read in @DoomMeister sworn testimony above (Post #2 and submitted as evidence in Post #15), the balustrade clearly threw itself in my path. What we have here constitutes a conspiracy!

..Your Honor if it pleases the court, in light of the most resent evidence I move we dismiss all charges! Nothing less that than a full acquittal will be acceptable, and I demand we launch a full investigation into this alleged conspiracy before others fall victim to this despicable group of criminals and ne'er-do-wells!

Reactions: thetrecker
I can usually handle a lost propeller.

It’s the loss of rudder control that typically gets me in trouble when I’m out flirting, I mean flitting, about.

Last edited:
All my broken props are in the bin. All caused by pilot error during landing.
I'm hand catching more now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop