Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Prop Damage!

DCH

Dr. FrankenPhoon
Reaction score
I'm so bummed! I just had to tell somebody who might understand. :(
In the whole time I have had my two Typhoon H480s and my H Plus, I have never crashed or had a landing mishap (the pounding you hear is me knocking on wood!) that has damaged a prop, all birds are flying on the original 6 "Wings". But today I broke my perfect record and managed to brake my first prop (as a mournful dirge starts droning in the background).:mad:
I know, I hear everyone's hearts pouring out as they remember their first crash and broken prop. But before you jump to conclusions and offer up your sincere heartfelt condolences (while secretly judging and condemning my piloting skills:confused:), allow me to explain.

I wasn't flying it! No, I was carrying it upstairs to my works space and I clipped the balustrade as I rounded the landing and SNAP! There went the prop blade, just like that! I know I know, I should have had the props off, or at least the arms folded, but hey, I've done this a million times without incident. I guess this is a just simple case of "Familiarity breeds" contempt, and I have learned a painful lesson, and I assure you it will never happen again. Because I can also assure you I have no contempt for my babies!

Yet I am left with a lingering and haunting question, that I'm not sure I can answer objectively. So my question for everybody is, does this actually constitute a "Crash?":oops:
But wait! Before you answer and pass judgement, and pull my wings, lets talk about a plea bargain. How about we drop any "Crash" charges, and I plead guilty to "Pilot Error" while taxiing?

Exhibit A: ScreenHunter_6087 Dec. 29 19.14.jpg

Last edited:
Well that last statement just shot my reply that I was forming. Of course you could claim the balustrade jumped out in front of you and there was absolutely no time to react to avoid the accident. :rolleyes:

Of course you could claim the balustrade jumped out in front of you and there was absolutely no time to react to avoid the accident. :rolleyes:
You were there then and you saw it! Great! You can my witness!

In the whole time I have had my two Typhoon H480s and my H Plus, I have never crashed or had a landing mishap (the pounding you hear is me knocking on wood!) that has damaged a prop, all birds are flying on the original 6. But today I broke my perfect record and managed to brake my first prop (as a mournful dirge starts droning in the background).:mad:
I know, I hear everyone's hearts pouring out as they remember their first crash and broken prop. But before you jump to conclusions and offer up your sincere heartfelt condolences (while secretly judging and condemning my piloting skills:confused:), allow me to explain.

I wasn't flying it! No, I was carrying it upstairs to my works space and I clipped the balustrade as I rounded the landing and SNAP! There went the prop blade, just like that! I know I know, I should have had the props off, or at least the arms folded, but hey, I've done this a million times without incident. I guess this is a just simple case of "Familiarity breeds" contempt, and I have learned a painful lesson, and I assure you it will never happen again. Because I can also assure you I have no contempt for my babies!

Yet I am left with a lingering and haunting question, that I'm not sure I can answer objectively. So my question for everybody is, does this actually constitute a "Crash?":oops:
But wait! Before you answer and pass judgement, and pull my wings, lets talk about a plea bargain. How about we drop any "Crash" charges, and I plead guilty to "Pilot Error" while taxiing?

Exibit A: View attachment 13397
"I wasn't flying it! No, I was carrying it upstairs to my works space and I clipped the balustrade as I rounded the landing and SNAP! There went the prop blade, just like that! "
~DCH, Famous Typhoon H Pilot

Reactions: DCH and rdonson
I'm pretty sure I could send you another broken prop so yours won't be lonely anymore.
Hey thanks man! All I need is four more kind people to send me a broken prop and I will have a complete set to try! WoW! This would be a good test for the new damper mod!

So anybody else wanna pitch in? Or should start a "Go Prop Me" fund, or is that a go "Fund Me Prop"?

Reactions: Docdor and rdonson
I think you might have a case against the transportation company you hired to move your craft. You might want to consult a qualified attorney or constable (?) before accepting any settlement.

Also, I would start looking for another outfit right quick. Your current provider can no longer be trusted.

Jeff

Reactions: Docdor and DCH
I think the prop will win a negligence verdict and get a damage award in the court case.
Hey, I'm blaming this entirely on poor Aircraft Marshaling! The guy was working with dead batteries and I his signals were unclear! I could swear at times he was only waving one finger -and I needn't tell you which one!!

Reactions: Docdor and PatR
Being of french origins the baloostrarde probably had no idea what you were trying to convey by using the direct access route to another level. (Witness the Arc de Triomphe at rush hour.. ie any time of day)
It on the other hand was crossing the stairwell, as witnessed by your good self (nudge nudge wink wink), and failed to pay any attention to oncoming legal traffic, notwithstanding the Stop sign in his direction which you had previously placed there (once again nudge nudge wink wink)
I'm sure you could find a competent and willing (for a hefty price) lawyer willing to take this to the International Court of Drone Appeals, in Brussels I believe, and have said drone put away for life and your good self compensated to the value of several new drones as your current one is obviously totaled.
PS: I have several particulated props which can be forwarded to you to add to your collection and to use as evidence in the court case.
I think I've watched too much Monty Python
It's 42C (108F) here, late afternoon and DEFINITELY time for a beer.
Cheers all.
Happy new year to all

Last edited:
Reactions: DCH
I have never crashed any of my aircraft. I have, on occasion, encountered an area of increased density which caused an involuntary termination of my flight.....but I have never crashed.

I also have never been lost, contrary to the Ex’s opinions. There have been times I was unable to gain an exact fix on my present location, but it was temporary and I was never lost.

I would say that your prop encountered an area of increased density that exceeded the structural integrity of the propeller.....simple.

I would say that your prop encountered an area of increased density that exceeded the structural integrity of the propeller.....simple.
I would tend to agree with you here, it is quite simple when put into proper perspective!

There have been times I was unable to gain an exact fix on my present location, but it was temporary and I was never lost.
My problem is, more times than not people wish I would get lost!:rolleyes:

I'm sure you could find a competent and willing (for a hefty price) lawyer willing to take this to the International Court of Drone Appeals, in Brussels I believe, and have said drone put away for life and your good self compensated to the value of several new drones as your current one is obviously totaled.
Yes indeed, but what about the balustrade? What sentence should it be given for playing its part in the dastardly deed? As @DoomMeister whitnessed and pointed out in is sworn testimony:
the balustrade jumped out in front of you and there was absolutely no time to react to avoid the accident. :rolleyes:
So clearly the balustrade's is at fault here. This combined with errant Aircraft Marshaling constitutes a conspiracy!

In the whole time I have had my two Typhoon H480s and my H Plus, I have never crashed or had a landing mishap (the pounding you hear is me knocking on wood!) that has damaged a prop, all birds are flying on the original 6 "Wings". But today I broke my perfect record and managed to brake my first prop (as a mournful dirge starts droning in the background).:mad:

Exhibit A: View attachment 13397
I would classify it as”Hangar rash”

Reactions: rdonson
Submit a claim with your home owner insurance. And don't forget to add in for pain and suffering.

Reactions: DCH and thetrecker
Me sees a Monty Python skit being written as we speak... and I will pay anyone $100 for video, proving they took an Anafi back to the seller and slamming it on the counter to show, it is indeed a dead parrot. :p

Me sees a Monty Python skit being written as we speak... and I will pay anyone $100 for video, proving they took an Anafi back to the seller and slamming it on the counter to show, it is indeed a dead parrot. :p

Now that’s funny! I don’t care what anyone else thinks.

(“Lord, I apologize...”)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval