Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Prop flew Off

Well I get my crippled bird back from Carolina Dronz this coming week after two motors, complete plastic enclosure body, complete camera, and other replacements. I would hope that someone at Yuneec reads these post with all the prop problems arising! When I spoke with support they simply said "Oh Well" and be careful. I would also suggest that if you need repairs, contact Carolina Dronz in S.C. They had my Typhoon repaired in one day when Yuneec wanted me to ship it and said three weeks to get it back. I will also mention cheaper! We will see thursday as I am driving down to Spartanburg SC to meet Frank with Carolina Dronz and pick the bird up and fly some with him. Great Company and Great guys.

Burned in this past Saturday from 135 feet!, while panning a video shot. Yup...did not tighten one of the props well. I was fortunate (i guess), because some tree branches broke part of the fall. Bent gimbal arm, broken battery door latch and a broken skid and a lost drone to gimbal connector wire. Waiting for parts (especially cable) so i can run tests to see how bad (if any other) damage is. Wish me luck! Tighten up folks!

In all fairness, when my Yuneec is working correctly it does respond and take nice 4K Videos, this is a YouTube video and takes a few seconds to smooth out. Sadly this is only one of a few videos since Nov of last year and THIS IS MAY 1st 2016 I should have many many videos....

Great video...and a frozen lake! We don't see those down here in South Texas!

Burned in this past Saturday from 135 feet!, while panning a video shot. Yup...did not tighten one of the props well. I was fortunate (i guess), because some tree branches broke part of the fall. Bent gimbal arm, broken battery door latch and a broken skid and a lost drone to gimbal connector wire. Waiting for parts (especially cable) so i can run tests to see how bad (if any other) damage is. Wish me luck! Tighten up folks!
I screw on each prop until it stops, then I take the tightening tool and turn each prop at least 1 1/4 turns. It works for me - I have never had a prop fly off since I have been doing this.

never thought props can fly off. all this time, i thought the motor spins against the motion that you screw the props in. thereby, making it impossible to pop out. guess i will tighten extra hard on my first flight!
just got the quad 4k today and very excited. hate to see $900 come crashing down.

update
======
just flew it today. i used the tool to tighten it before launch. when it landed, i used the tool again to tighten before launching again. i did notice the props were a smidge loose. knock on wood no props flying off in the future...

Last edited:
Alan have you checked your rubber bumpers. There is no reason to have jello in your video.

Reactions: Copper Angel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace