Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Prop support cracked-Breeze won’t Fly

Huh, that's interesting about the paper towel. Can you explain that? Never heard of it. People are always coming up with new ways of doing things.
Never heard of plastaide. I'll have to look into that one. I've got a lot of different types of epoxy including ones specifically meant for plastic. From all the ones I've personally tried on the specific plastic of the breeze it has worked the best because of the characteristics after it hardens. I can bend that shell I took pictures of and it doesnt snap/shred or crack. I'm not worried about it giving way because of vibrations.
I've probably overwhelmed with too much information. Just do it;) You can always practice with the glue beforehand. It's just not as big a deal as all my posts are making it out to be. Just be prepared to hold it together for up to 1/2 hour without moving as I dont think you are going to have a good way to hold it tight.

I dont exactly love my drones as really like messing with them and getting great deals. I'm not a very good pilot lol but to be fair I hadn't even flown one until about 8 months ago and most of that time didnt involve flying them as it's too cold here. Should be able to get out there consistently within a couple months. Spending plenty of time gathering information on a much more serious purchase such as an H plus refurb or maybe even a new Mavic 2 zoom but that's at the top of my budget.

I may have to pick up that plastaide stuff and test it. Looks like a lot of really great reviews on it. As with all glues none of them work on everything and none of them work on all plastics either regardless if they are specifically for plastic or not. No chance I'm going to recommend anything I havent tried myself.

Last edited:
Huh, that's interesting about the paper towel. Can you explain that? Never heard of it. People are always coming up with new ways of doing things.
Never heard of plastaide. I'll have to look into that one. I've got a lot of different types of epoxy including ones specifically meant for plastic. From all the ones I've personally tried on the specific plastic of the breeze it has worked the best because of the characteristics after it hardens. I can bend that shell I took pictures of and it doesnt snap/shred or crack. I'm not worried about it giving way because of vibrations.
I've probably overwhelmed with too much information. Just do it;) You can always practice with the glue beforehand. It's just not as big a deal as all my posts are making it out to be. Just be prepared to hold it together for up to 1/2 hour without moving as I dont think you are going to have a good way to hold it tight.

I dont exactly love my drones as really like messing with them and getting great deals. I'm not a very good pilot lol but to be fair I hadn't even flown one until about 8 months ago and most of that time didnt involve flying them as it's too cold here. Should be able to get out there consistently within a couple months. Spending plenty of time gathering information on a much more serious purchase such as an H plus refurb or maybe even a new Mavic 2 zoom but that's at the top of my budget.

I may have to pick up that plastaide stuff and test it. Looks like a lot of really great reviews on it. As with all glues none of them work on everything and none of them work on all plastics either regardless if they are specifically for plastic or not. No chance I'm going to recommend anything I havent tried myself.

Thanks again for all the info. Yes, always so much info to go through to try and make a decision.

It sounds like he wants to use glue only instead of epoxy.
I would rather have a bonding agent along with some type of fiber. I also worked with many types of bonding agents and have made 100's of molds myself. Gorilla glue alone will not be sufficient.
I agree not all glues work on plastics. I found out gorilla glue dos not adhere very well to an H's body.

Plastaide? Hmmm how does it work under vibration?
How thick does it need to be in order to be effective?

It sounds like he wants to use glue only instead of epoxy.
I would rather have a bonding agent along with some type of fiber. I also worked with many types of bonding agents and have made 100's of molds myself. Gorilla glue alone will not be sufficient.
I agree not all glues work on plastics. I found out gorilla glue dos not adhere very well to an H's body.

I am open to whatever works best. The plastaide I saw on a few forums that were talking about repairing cracked and damaged drones so thought that might be a option if other people are using it. Not sure how it works with vibrations.

I am open to whatever works best. The plastaide I saw on a few forums that were talking about repairing cracked and damaged drones so thought that might be a option if other people are using it. Not sure how it works with vibrations.
At this point it wouldn't hurt to try. If it's successful let us know.:cool:

Reactions: Bravescoach
Just to be clear there are many types of gorilla glue and I'm referring ONLY to their 5 minute epoxy and not any other kind. What I sometimes do to increase strength across a joint is add some kind of screen type material such as a small piece of window screen and form it to fit over the already scratched up surface.
If I was going all out I might use the 100% acetone fingernail polish on the plastic over and over to get the screen to mold itself into the plastic. I would then use the gorilla to reinforce it. I would only do this on the inside unless I really felt I had to also do it where it could be seen.

Did you remove the motor before trying to repair? All sorts of glue available, but plastic welding is best. Use a soldering iron, to melt the plastic, use a piece of same plastic to fill as in a normal weld situation, clean off the excess after the weld. You need the soldering iron to be perfectly clean, preferably use a temperature controlled iron so that you can set the temp to the point of melting without going far over. Done it lots

Just check it over everytime you go to fly for awhile but dont try to stress it as you might accidentally break the bond.
I'll look more into that glue by buying it. I usually find that the more a glue tries to hype itself the more likely it is to fail. Hopefully this is a keeper.

Just check it over everytime you go to fly for awhile but dont try to stress it as you might accidentally break the bond.
I'll look more into that glue by buying it. I usually find that the more a glue tries to hype itself the more likely it is to fail. Hopefully this is a keeper.

Seems to be working good so far. I accidentally got a little of it over the end of the battery which I did not know about and tried to get the battery out and couldn’t understand why it was stuck and then noticed the glue over a small portion of the battery. I had to use a razor blade and after working on it for a half hour I finally go the battery out. If it worked that good on the battery (lol) hopefully it will hold up for the crack. Thanks all, will keep you posted! A few pics from today.IMG_2158.jpgIMG_2157.jpg

Where are you? The snow makes it look like you could be in upstate NY as that's what it looks like here although it's supposed to get to 52F with rain today. The houses dont look like here and is that an ocean or lake?
How long have your flights been in the cold? It's too cold for my hands to want to fly.

Last edited:
Where are you? The snow makes it look like you could be in upstate NY as that's what it looks like here although it's supposed to get to 52F with rain today. The houses dont look like here and is that an ocean or lake?
How long have your flights been in the cold? It's too cold for my hands to want to fly.

The U.P. Of Michigan. That is Lake Michigan in the background. Yesterday I only had it up for about 8 minutes, hands weren’t cold but the battery drains much quicker in this weather, but still fun to get it up. It had just snowed a lot so I thought the pics would be cool.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zuhoouk