Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Props!

Reaction score
How do you know when to replace the props on the H -- is it a time thing like 40 hours, or a number of flights etc..

How do you judge when to replace :)

I have always just inspected the props for cracks , but if one hits he ground or an object then it's toast.

thanks but I'm looking for a preventive maintenance kind of thing, I have like 10 sets of props and im still using the ones from 3 months ago LOL Is it time to swap?

Brian, if you look after the props and have not hit anything with them, then you should be fine to continue with the same set. This is the same principle for all of my other multi-rotors - some of them have had the same props for over 12 months of flying.
As Charlie mentioned above, just always give them a physical inspection. You can also tell if a prop is on the way out by the sound of your multi when it is flying.
Hope this helps.

You could replace them right away with DJI 9450 in carbon fiber and the Dji to yuneec prop adpaters i designed.

It will fly longer, quiter and the motors will be wayyyyyy cooler!

Not sure how the engineers missed that one. ;)

Brian, if you look after the props and have not hit anything with them, then you should be fine to continue with the same set. This is the same principle for all of my other multi-rotors - some of them have had the same props for over 12 months of flying.
As Charlie mentioned above, just always give them a physical inspection. You can also tell if a prop is on the way out by the sound of your multi when it is flying.
Hope this helps.
I fully agree with this. I have a Phantom that is still using the same set of props from April 2015. I inspect them every time before attaching them to the aircraft looking for obvious damage and check for brittleness, but I'll continue to use them until their observed condition warrants swapping them out. I have plenty of spare props but I've yet to see a reason to use them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech