Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4k CGO3 tilt issue

Reaction score
Hey all, looking for some help. I have a Q500 4k with the CGo3 camera gimbal. I have no control over the tilt function and it does not stabilize at all. It just kinda hangs limp. Plus is it still records video and snaps pics without issue. It seems like it could be more of a firmware/ calibration issue but I don't even know where to start. Id send it off for repair but I figure starting here may be a better option. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Hate to ask, but have you had a crash or hard landing?

Is there any chance you have the SteadyGrip? If so, you can isolate whether the problem is in the gimbal or in the drone.

When you power up the Q500 with the camera mounted, does the camera initialize, face forward and horizontal, and then go limp? Or does it stay limp and maybe quiver a little?

What does the LED do during the power up sequence? Do you get any beep codes from the camera?

Reactions: WTFDproject
The camera and the Gimbal are two different things that are built into a single unit. It sounds like the camera is fine, but the gimbal is failing to initialize. As mentioned by @DoomMeister. there will typically be a series of repeating beep codes that will tell us what is causing the issue. The codes will typically be a series of one to three "long" beeps, followed by a series of one to three "short" beeps, and repeat. If you can either identify or make a video with good recording, we may be able to help you identify the issue.

Having a similar issue here with the tilt, camera seems to stabilize fine. Just received the drone myself have replaced the camera and got all charging issues fixed. now attempting flights, upon installing the replacement camera all seems to work now but when I go to tilt the ST10+ just beeps. Following the advice above I do not hear any audible alarms, and upon initializing the camera the status light goes white, then red for a while, then white, then red, then flashes green and red, and finally just flashes green. hopefully yall have some advice that will help.

It is the ST10 beeping when I move the slider, and according to the HW-Monitor everything is working properly.

Thanks for the information!! Definitely gonna have to save that file looks like it has tons of info!

One beep if you slide over the middle position is normal. It was made as indication where the middle position is.
Do you have slide contacts on the camera/drone or do you use the black wire?
CGO3_Kabel2.JPG
You can try to use the black wire additionally to exclude contact problems.

br HE

Reactions: Pier2162
I was noticing that it beeped right in the middle so I figured that was what it meant. As for the connection I have been using the black connection wire. It would not surprise me if the transistor is bad, this drone was @ my brothers farm for around 6+ years before I got it to do some videos for our trucking company, and the camera gimbal board had some severe shortage evidence when I received it. I almost have convinced myself to buy a Typhoon H while working on this Q500, I found a refurbished one on e-bay for just shy $650 which looks to be an amazing deal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval