Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 4K not binding

Reaction score
Dear Pilots,
After resetting my ST10 Remote, I have tried multiple times to bind the bird and got in the same situation - binding is completed however the drone is still blinking orange. The Camera and Telemetry works fine. I have also double checked the remote firmware and it appears to be the latest one. Any ideas or known bugs?

Thanks and safe flights

OK. Sounds like we have a terminology problem here. You mentioned "binding is completed", but then you mentioned "still blinking orange" in a manner that seems to imply you do not think binding was successful. But then you also said "the camera and telemetry works fine". If you aren't bound, you don't have telemetry. We need to figure out exactly where you are before we can help.
Let's start with a clarification of "still blinking orange". Is it the steady, rapid blink that indicates you are in bind mode, or is it maybe two flashes, pause, two flashes, etc.? Or some other pattern?

By the way, what was the reason you needed to reset the controller?

And if you do have the original ST10, as you mentioned above, DO NOT try to upgrade the firmware to the current version ST10+ (Build st10+v01b31c) that is on the Yuneec website. They aren't kidding when they warn you not to do that.

Reactions: acasanova
OK. Sounds like we have a terminology problem here. You mentioned "binding is completed", but then you mentioned "still blinking orange" in a manner that seems to imply you do not think binding was successful. But then you also said "the camera and telemetry works fine". If you aren't bound, you don't have telemetry. We need to figure out exactly where you are before we can help.
Let's start with a clarification of "still blinking orange". Is it the steady, rapid blink that indicates you are in bind mode, or is it maybe two flashes, pause, two flashes, etc.? Or some other pattern?

And if you do have the original ST10, as you mentioned above, DO NOT try to upgrade the firmware to the current version ST10+ (Build st10+v01b31c) that is on the Yuneec website. They aren't kidding when they warn you not to do that.
Thanks for your help. Like I have said, I have follow all the steps in order to bind the drone. After everything is followed and completed the orange led is still blinking. I have not upgraded the firmware transmitter. The reason that I had to reset, honestly I thought it would help to get my camera gimbal back to its original position. It was getting not stabilized.

Please describe the pattern of the blinking. Uploading a picture of the controller screen might be helpful. A video of the blinking would be great.
It is also easy to eliminate one possibility. Do a compass calibration. If the calibration will run, it confirms the drone is actually bound. If it runs, and clears the blinking light, it means the blinking was just the compass calibration warning.
See page 25 of the manual:

Attachments

• q500_4k_user_manual.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 9
Thanks for sharing. Do you think the compass needs to be calibrated because I have reseted the transmitter? If so and the compass is not calibrated, am I able to start the drone motors? I will try to share a video or pic with you once I get back home. I appreciate your help. Cheers.

Compass calibration is not normally needed just because you reset the transmitter. It is more likely needed because you are inside, or in some other place interfering with the compass.
Maybe the first suggestion should have been "Ensure you are outside, away from anything that might interfere with the compass."

Also, if the Q500 is really not bound, you may want to do the full "Binding Verification" sequence. The sequence is provided in several languages, and there is a "text" version that can be translated into any other language. I suggest this if the normal binding sequence did not in fact work. The verification sequence is tedious, but it can identify the exact place the normal sequence is failing.
Binding Verification - ST10+ / Q500

Thanks. I have repeated the binding steps maybe for 8 times and finally in the last round with the drone outside I was able to see the orange led blinking replaced by purple. I appreciate your support. Safe flights. Cheers

Reactions: WTFDproject

i have updated to the (Build st10+v01b31c) now my remote wont bind to the drone at all what staeps can i take to get my remote working agian

i have updated to the (Build st10+v01b31c) now my remote wont bind to the drone at all what staeps can i take to get my remote working agian
Does your controller start up to a normal looking screen and respond to changing screen pages normally?

If the controller looks normal and simply will not bind, the best way to start is by running the full binding verification document. Refer to Attachment 33 (Q500 Binding Verification) of Way To Fix Drones project.
The verification is not just "binding instructions". It is a verification of the MANY hidden clues in the binding process. The purpose is to identify abnormal conditions that are preventing a successful bind and to identify the exact point where the binding process is failing. That information can assist in determining the best course to remedy the problem.
You will need to perform every step up to the point the verification does not match what you see. Do not skip any steps. Every step must be performed. Even the steps you have no doubt are already in the correct condition. After some preparations steps, the verification falls into a routine of directing an action, then verifying the correct response to the action. When you reach a step that does not match what you see, or if you are unsure if it matches, STOP. Report the step number back to the forum, and what you actually saw at that step. We can then go from there.

Reactions: h-elsner
Does your controller start up to a normal looking screen and respond to changing screen pages normally?

If the controller looks normal and simply will not bind, the best way to start is by running the full binding verification document. Refer to Attachment 33 (Q500 Binding Verification) of Way To Fix Drones project.
The verification is not just "binding instructions". It is a verification of the MANY hidden clues in the binding process. The purpose is to identify abnormal conditions that are preventing a successful bind and to identify the exact point where the binding process is failing. That information can assist in determining the best course to remedy the problem.
You will need to perform every step up to the point the verification does not match what you see. Do not skip any steps. Every step must be performed. Even the steps you have no doubt are already in the correct condition. After some preparations steps, the verification falls into a routine of directing an action, then verifying the correct response to the action. When you reach a step that does not match what you see, or if you are unsure if it matches, STOP. Report the step number back to the forum, and what you actually saw at that step. We can then go from there.
yes it starts up normally and has no problem changing screens

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop