Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500+ Battery Capacity

Reaction score
I have a Q500+ with the factory batteries. Just out of curiosity, I wanted to check the battery capacity since I know they have quite a few hours on each of them. I put them on my charger on discharge then on auto balance charge at 5.4 amps. Battery 1 ended up taking 5,963 and Battery 2 ended up with 6,342. Is it normal for these batteries to be that much higher than what they're rated?

Last edited:
When a balance charge is performed as the battery reaches full voltage a measurement is made on all of the cells. If they are imbalanced a load is placed on the cells with the higher charge to bring them down to the level of the lowest cell. Charging then commences again on the pack and as full charge is acquired the balance level is checked again. This cycle is repeated until all cells measure the same at the end of a charging cycle.

On batteries with poorly matched cells or damaged cells that have greater differences of internal resistance this process can happen several times before balance is achieved. The energy added during this process can end up adding more power than the battery is rated for due to bleeding off some energy during the balance phase.

Reactions: 7cyclops

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parisaline