Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 compatible with the CG03+ ?

Reaction score
I currently have a nice view with the CG03+ but cannot tilt... Is the operation possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Do you see the telemetry displayed on the ST10? Battery voltage, Alt, Distance?

I currently have a nice view with the CG03+ but cannot tilt... Is the operation possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The CGo3+ is not fully compatible with the Q500 series. It has a different gimbal initialization code. The camera will stabilize, and the video works fine. but it will not tilt.

It WILL tilt on the Steadygrip that came with the Q5004K. Go figure.

Last edited:
The pan and tilt on the 3+ is on a single wire from the H to the gimbal. It makes sense the Q would have trouble sending the correct signal to the 3+ camera for tilt only.

That was what i was thinking.. I was hoping there was a way to work around this problem but haven't found anything on this issue... looks like i may have to find me another CG03. Thanks everyone for all your input. hopefully your advise will help others wondering the same thing.

There IS a workaround, but it's way too much bother for me. It involves using a Servo tester to manually insert a 200mHz signal into the PWM wire at just the right time during camera initialization. I've seen a couple you tube videos and a German language article discussing it. If you get it wrong, you risk damaging the CGo3+.
To me, the best solution is as you said, "find another CGo3".

Last edited:
Reactions: Cory W

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin