Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 distance question

Reaction score
Is there a reason why my q500 will only go a certain distance? It always stops after going a few hundred yards. I hope all drones in the future use RC screens with no more phones needed.

Is there a reason why my q500 will only go a certain distance? It always stops after going a few hundred yards. I hope all drones in the future use RC screens with no more phones needed.
Hey peter, i just purchased the yuneec mantis Q that's advertising 0.9 miles but i seem to lose signal at 600ft. Of course i have trees in my area. Im going to do a distance of my own in a wide open area free of everything. I can see for miles and will be able to remain a direct line of sight, I'll see what it can do. As for now im disappointed in its range.

I thought the range was supposed to be in the 1/2 mile range. I love the q500 because it always does what you want it to do. The only problems I have had were my own mistakes. I have flown it once out in the boonies but was enjoying everything so much I wasn't concerned about distance so much as just having fun and fun it is.

I have my permit. I can go 2000m forward and up about 10000m.Why they choose those distances I don't know.

It's not hard to change the range on the geofence with the GUI. But it takes the GUI software forever to load. I have a very fast computer and it can still take 3-5 minutes for the software to load, so be patient!
My geofencing is 2500m and up 10000m. I have the permit

What is gui? I'm slow?
GUI = Guided user interface.
Fancy name for "a program to help you tune the Q".
You need the GUI and the adapter to connect your computer and your Q so you can troubleshoot some issues and set parameters such as height and distance.
Good luck and happy flying,
Jafo

Mine already goes further than I can see it lol. Has anyone been challenged by the done police yet?

It's not hard to change the range on the geofence with the GUI. But it takes the GUI software forever to load. I have a very fast computer and it can still take 3-5 minutes for the software to load, so be patient!

Im not much of a computer guy, but mine loads up and opperates quick. I can be done with every setup, test and calibration in 10 minutes.
I kinda expected more from the gui, but if it works, cool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval