Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 Flight problems

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I am new here and I have a fault with my Q500 4K. I have a fully charged battery in my drone. When I start the motors all is fine however as soon as I take off the battery warning popes up on the controller there the drone lands. I have tried 2 batters in the drone now. Where do I go from here.

That is typical behavior of LiPo batteries that have gone bad. You can charge the voltage, but there is no capacity backing up the voltage and/or internal resistance causes voltage to drop rapidly when under power (and return to near normal when back on the ground).
LiPos go bad naturally with age. The degradation can be a lot faster with less than perfect maintenance, but eventually they will all go bad. Most times, there will be noticeable swelling, but certainly not always
Do you have battery testing tools to check for Internal resistance or to measure how much capacity is added during a charge? If you do, it would be worth checking them out. But if the batteries have been in storage for more than a few months, I would personally assume they are bad and start looking for replacements. Even if they are "new". Unfortunately, even "new" batteries can be bad. If they have been sitting on a storage shelf for years without maintenance, it's pretty much the same as sitting in someone's closet.

A similar sounding circumstance is discussed in:

Last edited:
Reactions: 7cyclops
Hi Guys. I am new here and I have a fault with my Q500 4K. I have a fully charged battery in my drone. When I start the motors all is fine however as soon as I take off the battery warning popes up on the controller there the drone lands. I have tried 2 batters in the drone now. Where do I go from here.
Very warm welcome to the forum - from the UK

Reactions: 7cyclops

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zeedentclinic