Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 in a CabinMax TALLINN bag?

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this set-up? Seems to meet the overhead bin requirements...but I didn't the drone would fit in the bag. Photos? 81ZJpOflKVL._UX679_.jpg

Reactions: Timothy Smalley
Hi,
I have this backpack and the q500 fits in there no problem. The copter goes in upside down leaving plenty of room for the tranny, props etc, I carry my batteries in another handheld bag though to keep the backpack light.

Reactions: Timothy Smalley
Hi,
I have this backpack and the q500 fits in there no problem. The copter goes in upside down leaving plenty of room for the tranny, props etc, I carry my batteries in another handheld bag though to keep the backpack light.
Have you travelled internationally with it?

I have 6 batteries that i put in a shoulder bag. I only have a foam cut out for the transmitter otherwise it will rattle around in the space with the Q500. No foam is necessary for the copter as it is a snug fit in the bag.

I have 6 batteries that i put in a shoulder bag. I only have a foam cut out for the transmitter otherwise it will rattle around in the space with the Q500. No foam is necessary for the copter as it is a snug fit in the bag.
You rock! Any photos to share?

Where I put the transmitter

Bag with everything in and closed.

Please excuse the spare room carpet!
Of all the photos that inspire me, the one with the carpet is awesome. I've got to get me some of that, and relive the 60's!! Thanks a ton for the pictures...they really help! By the way, I found a listing of "acceptable" carry on bag dimensions, by airlines around the world. I thought it would be of help to travelers:
Carry-On Size By Airline - Travel Made Simple

I 'had' this bag and returned it. Used it and although it could fit everything, the nylon material is thin and not that great of quality. The zippers tend to get stuck if there is a fray of nylon threading sticking out. There is no padding so if you get this, you might want to get some foam and add to the underside and top of the Q. To me, all four motors barely fit and they fit pretty snugged but not tight. Keep in mind that the Q500 (white & black models) have the antenna wire in the landing gear so if you take the landing gear off, you have to deal with the antenna. BUT if you have the Q500 4K, the antenna wire is not built into the landing gear therefore making it easy to remove the landing gear for packing in a bag like this. Be aware that the screws to detach the landing gear is very small and you'll need to use an allen wrench. When I removed mine, I taped the two, tiny screws onto the landing gear along with the allen wrench so I wouldn't lose them. It would also remove the gimbal and pack it in a small soft padded box instead of leaving it on the Q packed in this bad. Although this bag does the job, for me, its not not my cup of tea. I'd rather wait for the Typhoon H and use that for travel.

Reactions: Daniel O

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval