Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500+ issues with CG02+ Gimbal

Reaction score
Really hope someone can help. I haven't used my drone in a while but powered it on yesterday and everything seemed ok. Didn't take it up just some pre-checks and refreshing the batteries.
Today I decided to use the GUI and check and calibrate sensors etc.
Problem now is the Gimbal. As described it is a CG02+ it no longer moves and is making a strange noise that I presume is an error tone?
I have tried looking for firmware for this but it is obviously a few years old now and I can't find an updated firmware file on the Uk Yuneec web site. Also unsure if this will actually solve my problem.
Any idea's?
(p.S tried to upload the sound but mp3 files will not upload)

You can, however, try the "45 degree tilt" trick on a CG02. Tilt the Q500 back so that it rests on the rear motors and the back of the landing gear. Point the camera forward, and turn on the drone. When the camera initializes, put the Q500 back on it's feet, and things should go normally from there.

The issue you described is common on CG02 and CG02+. They drift out of calibration. The 45 degree tilt trick works for awhile, sometimes for a long while. Eventually it will need to be sent for calibration if you want to continue using it.

If the tilt trick does not work, it becomes important to upload the audio file. Or carefully describe the sequence of Long beep(s), sort beep(s) and pause. Each code has a "long" sequence, and a "short" sequence. If there is more than one code present, it will play both short and long parts of each sequence, then start all over again.

Reactions: Andy C.
Hopefully attachment has uploaded ok.
Thanks for the quick response on this, didn't expect that! Thank you both.
Probably time for a new drone :-( If I go down that route my other half would like me to give my old Q500+ away top someone who could make good use of it.
It hasn't done many hours and I will be looking at getting something better (and smaller).
I will try to see if the gimbal works again (with your tips). Other than that I guess it will be a drone with a useless camera. ;-(

Attachments

• CG02+mp3.zip
    268.2 KB · Views: 25
I had the same problem by holding the camera level it would sometimes be ok did contact yuneec support and was told that parts were becoming obsolete I managed to find a cgo3 on ebay and replaced it , have not looked lately but did find a company that sold the gimbal and wifi unit for the type g for a gopro think good for the gopro 3 or 4 I think the conector changed after that

You can, however, try the "45 degree tilt" trick on a CG02. Tilt the Q500 back so that it rests on the rear motors and the back of the landing gear. Point the camera forward, and turn on the drone. When the camera initializes, put the Q500 back on it's feet, and things should go normally from there.

The issue you described is common on CG02 and CG02+. They drift out of calibration. The 45 degree tilt trick works for awhile, sometimes for a long while. Eventually it will need to be sent for calibration if you want to continue using it.

If the tilt trick does not work, it becomes important to upload the audio file. Or carefully describe the sequence of Long beep(s), sort beep(s) and pause. Each code has a "long" sequence, and a "short" sequence. If there is more than one code present, it will play both short and long parts of each sequence, then start all over again.
That seems to have worked! (45° tilt method) TYVM ??

Reactions: Rmuñoz
Spoke to soon. Everything fine, powered down and then took it outside to complete a compass calibration and the issue has started again :-(
The time has come to give up on this drone.
However I am not going to just scrap it . I will give it to someone who can make good use of it. I will take some pics and post on here. It is in full working order (apart from gimbal!) has a full set of spare props, 2 batteries, full protection hard case with original packaging, a softshell back pack + all original accs for connecting to GUI on PC etc.
If you are interested and are willing to travel to collect it (or arrange your own collection service) send me a message and I will send you all the pics or a live facebook messenger or whatsapp.
This drone has had probably a maximum 5 hrs flight time, but I will include a SD card that I have had in the controller since i've owned it, that has all the "telemetry" info from each flight.

Hi there! I've dealt with issue before and the 45 degree tilt works but you need level ground to do it. My gimbal has started acting up again too. The error tone goes "beeep booop dun dun dun" 2 long and 3 short. The camera gives a little shake while it beeps, like ever so slightly. It suffered a small crash into some trees and has been like this for years. Just thought I'd open the case up and really try figure it out this year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech