Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500+ motors

Reaction score
Hey guys I was bench testing my 500+ today with props attached while cable tied to a table, it was only a run for a few minutes and I noticed I motor was very hot at the end of it. I'm not sure if it is a faulty motor, or, I updated the firmware on the quad but haven't done the st10+ as yet, would that have a bearing on it, any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Interesting. Most of the time the box and drone have to be updated with the new files for each one. The box and drone will usually not connect until done.
That said.... no. Updating will have nothing to do with an over heated motor.
Your best "Test" is to do an amp draw check on the motors when running and compare the readings between the motors. An excessively high draw on one motor could/would indicate that motor has an issue.
Alternately, you could do an ohm check and see what the resistance readings are and compare.
Good luck,
Jafo

its never a good idea to tie a drone down to the ground while spinning the rotors.. the vibrations that occurs cant be absorbed by the drone itself, and so could be damaged.. further more: if the engine that became to warm was a little bit out of level with the others it tries to level and so consumes a lot more energy and thus becomes warmer..

Im no expert but ... if the model is "not moving".... The motor is designed to use its movement in the air to help cool... therefore if the motor is stationary it would heat up more than if it was flying around .... Thermal Dynamics...

Im no expert but ... if the model is "not moving".... The motor is designed to use its movement in the air to help cool... therefore if the motor is stationary it would heat up more than if it was flying around .... Thermal Dynamics...
well like you said" you're not an expert"

the motors are not designed to cool itself, the props a little due to their shape.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval