Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 Series camera tilt transistor

WTFDproject

Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
One fairly common failure of the Q500 series camera tilt is a small transistor on the mainboard. The blown transistor is identical to an unused spare, and the issue can be resolved by replacing the bad transistor with the unused spare. A discussion of this has been added as new Attachment 37 to:
"Way To Fix Drones project"

Reactions: Steve Carr
Both transistors have the same signal. If one was blown use the other. No need to replace it, simply use the other pin.

br HE

That is good to hear. The signals were the same on my 350QX boards, but were different on the two Q500s I checked, and swapping the wire to the other did not work. I then thought they were normally different. I will check another next time one needs repair, but this would be a much, much easier repair.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Maybe this is not at all mainboards the case. But at my both Blade 350QX and my Q500 have that behavoiur.

@h-elsner
It would certainly appear your solution is correct. And by far the easiest. I just tried it on a Q500 4k with latest firmware. Moving the white wire to the alternate connection worked perfectly.
Since you have already verified this works on Blade 350QX and Q500, this seems to bracket the entire Q500 series. I currently consider the two failures I saw as unfortunate anomalies. I will edit the discussion to at least try moving the wire as the first option. Thank you for providing this information. It will make life a lot easier for those needing to correct this problem.
Tom B.

Update: Uploaded revision 21 of the WTFDproject doc with the new guidance. See current Enclosure 39 (Q500 Series Camera Tilt Transistor) of "Way To Fix Drones project".

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval