Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 typhoon Boot up problem

Reaction score
Hi all Knowing gurus
I recently took my Q500 out of storage after 3 years and after charging everything , i could not get the GPS to fix and thus motors would not turn on . camera was sending to console but no GPS fix . I am flying close to a restricted area so have the yuneek patch installed . the drone was working perfectly before storage and now will not complete the boot up . Please give advice as i have tried everything except updated software

If the drone was outdoors in an open area, and you let it sit more than 20 minutes, then there may be cause for concern.
The best way to start would be to upload your flightlogs for review. The Q500 will not record it's flightlogs if there is no SD card in the controller. You may have to install an SD card, and let it sit for another period of time to get something to record.
Instructions for uploading the flightlogs are in Attachment 56 (Q500 and Chroma Flight Log Retrieval) of the PDF document attached to "Way To Fix Drones project". Scroll down the menu and click on either the title or the Attachment number, and it will jump to the instructions.

Does the q have a battery [3.5v.] inside for the gps? something I always wondered anyways. If so it has to be dead,EH! K.C.

The backup battery is not needed but better to have to make a warm start of the GPS module. We have a MAX-M8Q. Here is the part in the datasheet regarding the backup battery:

"The RTC is driven by a 32 kHz oscillator, which makes use of an RTC crystal. If the main supply voltage fails and a
battery is connected to V_BCKP, parts of the receiver switch off, but the RTC still runs providing a timing
reference for the receiver. This operating mode is called Hardware Backup Mode, which enables all relevant data
to be saved in the backup RAM to allow a hot or warm start later.
With MAX-M8C in Hardware Backup Mode, the main oscillator is used as timing reference instead of the 32 kHz
oscillator. The MAX-M8C applies single crystal mode, where the 26 MHz crystal oscillator can also be used to
provide a frequency reference to the RTC without using an additional crystal for the RTC. This makes MAX-M8C
a more cost efficient solution at the expense of a higher backup current."

From my point of view to always blame the battery is a rumor. There should be other reasons why q500 (rare) or Typhoon H (more frequent) do not come up after long storage. Maybe the compass BIAS runs out of control. I don't know if a calibration is helping. I did not observe this problem up to now. I have Q500 and older Blade 350QX with issue.

br HE

thankyou all for advice - I will investigate and get back to you - Is outdated software an issue ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy