Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500+

Reaction score
I have a 500+ and a 500k I was flying the plus this morning and I noticed the camera was at an angle when filming and the quad was a bit erratic when flying, I decided to bring it down and at about 5 feet it got very erratic and it was full on to bring in down which it flipped anyway. I had noticed previously when landing I had to use the aerilon other wise it would drift. Would the aerial in the cgo2+camera have any bearing on this. Cheers

I would say your GPS is out of calibration. As far as the camera being at an angle you need to take the camera off the Drone and check the for rubber grommets that you see they should be fully installed they're called the dampeners for the camera. There are YouTube videos on how to install the dampeners correctly. Also YouTube videos on how to calibrate your compass...

I am also a new yuneec owner... if you learn to fly in Smart Mode make sure your 26 feet away from the Drone or it will be confused and go crazy and crash... I made that mistake on First Flight was to close it hovered find drifted toward me and took off like a rocket and I killed the propellers hit the back of my car flipped over and broke two blades
I have a 500+ and a 500k I was flying the plus this morning and I noticed the camera was at an angle when filming and the quad was a bit erratic when flying, I decided to bring it down and at about 5 feet it got very erratic and it was full on to bring in down which it flipped anyway. I had noticed previously when landing I had to use the aerilon other wise it would drift. Would the aerial in the cgo2+camera have any bearing on this. Cheers

I am also a new yuneec owner... if you learn to fly in Smart Mode make sure your 26 feet away from the Drone or it will be confused and go crazy and crash... I made that mistake on First Flight was to close it hovered find drifted toward me and took off like a rocket and I killed the propellers hit the back of my car flipped over and broke two blades
Hi Todd the camera is installed correctly I was thinking of the antenna in the camera because I had moved it to retrieve a SD card and it wasn't clipped in where it was, I did fly it today it seemed ok but still drifting at hover, I do a calibration every time I fly the quad. I think the antenna is for the compass which makes sense if it is moved. Thanks for the input

A very dumb thing but it happened to me once: could it be that you forgot to remove the gimbal protection? The Quad will go crazy trying to fly with that on.

Thanks for that but the protector was removed, also can anyone inform me what the accelerometer is and what is its part in flying the Q500+ or 4 K I cannot find any info on it except how to calibrate it. Thanks in advance

can anyone inform me what the accelerometer is and what is its part in flying the Q500+
Basically,
It let's the drone know where it is relative to the ground.
It tells the drone how it's moving in the air.Or not moving...
It tells the drone about Pitch,Yaw,Roll and Rate.
You want this calibrated on a very flat surface when you do it and let it complete before moving your drone.
Happy flying,
Jafo

Hi Todd the camera is installed correctly I was thinking of the antenna in the camera because I had moved it to retrieve a SD card and it wasn't clipped in where it was, I did fly it today it seemed ok but still drifting at hover, I do a calibration every time I fly the quad. I think the antenna is for the compass which makes sense if it is moved. Thanks for the input

You shouldn't need to be doing a compass calibration every time you fly the Q500+. I've had mine since January and have needed one compass and one accelerometer calibration. I did the compass one when I bought it, before the first flight, and the other one after I updated the firmware to 1.07.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me