Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Quad down

Reaction score
image.jpeg so I just crashed my Typhoon
My question is will yuneec cover a new body under warranty or will I have to buy one and if so where can I get get the best deal on one?
Also want to get a few extra propellers.

Thanks in advance

View attachment 404 so I just crashed my Typhoon
My question is will yuneec cover a new body under warranty or will I have to buy one and if so where can I get get the best deal on one?
Also want to get a few extra propellers.

Thanks in advance
Hey Magnum, I crashed mine today...must be something in the water...yours looks good compared to mine...I broke both supports for the landing gear and 2 props...here comes the JB Weld...you should be able to fix yours no problem...oh and sorry for more bad news, crashes are not covered under warranty

Hey Magnum, I crashed mine today...must be something in the water...yours looks good compared to mine...I broke both supports for the landing gear and 2 props...here comes the JB Weld...you should be able to fix yours no problem...oh and sorry for more bad news, crashes are not covered under warranty
Yeah I kinda figured. I put super glue on it now but going to go out tomorrow to get some epoxy. Where's a good place to get that at?

Not always true. They have covered them if not pilot error. I had two drop out of sky for no reason and proved it and they fixed them n/c. Just wish they weren't crashing. Believe I have a lemon.

Reactions: Magnum_Don
Not always true. They have covered them if not pilot error. I had two drop out of sky for no reason and proved it and they fixed them n/c. Just wish they weren't crashing. Believe I have a lemon.
Not always true...you're right...I didn't read where it just fell out of the sky so my first thought was pilot error as was mine...tried to get the perfect shot of a sun rise from behind some trees and a small branch jumped out in front of me..lol...I won't replace the upper and lower body unless I have to...right now I honestly believe I can fix it...one stage of the epoxy is drying now...live and learn

It was only 3 minor cracks, I glued it yesterday and it held up well when I flew it today. I'll replace the body of I keep crashing beyond repair and I hope it doesn't reach that point lol.

That's not even good damage. You are not very good at crashing.
Just keep flying it.

If you can not flex the body from end to end - meaning grab the right side and apply torsion to the air frame and it does not flex - you have no damage.
Keep flying.

Even if you break off a motor - JB Weld it back on and keep flying.

These crash. Get used to it and keep flying.

Well do they crash on their own?

You put one of these high up and turn off GPS and have wind blowing.

Unless you are very skilled - without GPS the Typhoon G will blow with the wind and eventually go out of sight or hit trees and crash if you are not high enough.

On GPS if the wind is too strong - it will fight the wind and may handle erratic.

If you come down and get into a ring vortex state it may crash. I suppose that was my last crash in HOME mode mostly ate 6500 feet.

You have to work HARD NOT to crash these.

One way is to limit flight time to 5 minutes or less.

Another way is not to let the Typhoon G fly out of sight.

But some people want risk and a thrill so they fly it far away and the battery runs out and it crashes.

I came from the toy Syma drone copter world where as these would not get hurt with a crash.

I powered down a Syma once in the air to get it down fast and then powered it back on and it did not crash.

I had the drone hit a roof once and it just landed on the gutter and I got it off the gutter and it flew fine after that.

I was not used to a drone that could break!

This Syma flew after this crash just fine.

Sometimes I would burn up a motor trying to rev it when it crashed.

The best way to find a Syma is to rev it up when it crashes as you can hear the props thrashing against something.
My moving to professional from toy has been a true
learning curve.

WHEN THEY LOSE A MOTER THEY GO BELLY UP AND COME DOWN FAST. Of course if you soup up the antenna to increase the video range, it will no longer be covered under warranty.

Mine dropped out of the sky today. I was 310' up, in home mode...heading home, when it suddenly jerked, went belly up and dropped from 200' level onto solid ice. I received "Motor Error...Land Immediately" It pretty much landed immediately on its own. Broken landing gear, shattered camera body, and destroyed frame...goin to call Yuneec tomorrow. My son in law and I are experiencing glitches in both controllers. Controller throwing itself in EMERG Mode for no apparent reason...we recalibrated, ran through full test to insure PASS on all toggles, then lifted off...mystery crash.

Mine dropped out of the sky today. I was 310' up, in home mode...heading home, when it suddenly jerked, went belly up and dropped from 200' level onto solid ice. I received "Motor Error...Land Immediately" It pretty much landed immediately on its own. Broken landing gear, shattered camera body, and destroyed frame...goin to call Yuneec tomorrow. My son in law and I are experiencing glitches in both controllers. Controller throwing itself in EMERG Mode for no apparent reason...we recalibrated, ran through full test to insure PASS on all toggles, then lifted off...mystery crash.
Mine did the same thing and it took me awhile to figure out that I had a motor that would lock up as it heated up. Use the gui from yuneec to trouble shoot the motors when you get it back together. It's a big pain in the *** to change out the motors so you have now been forewarned..

I crashed mine right at takeoff yesterday. Had a 8 knot wind and the it sort of pushed the nose down and the prop hit the ground. Went belly up with the motors still running. cracked one propeller. 2 got scratched pretty bad, one survived. The body also got some scratches. The camera looked damaged, so removed it and put spare set of props and flew again for good 20 minutes.
Noticed that one of the motors gives a jerk before spinning freely as if something is stuck somewhere.
No warranties out here, even spares are hard to come by. Ordered new set of props from Amazon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval