Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Question re: Numbers Assigned To Videos Taken With My H Plus

Reaction score
I want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, because I've not previously had this problem. (I don't think.) The software on the memory card should number the videos (and photos) taken with a different number for each. So if I make 4 different flights, (with shut down and fire-up again between each flight,) will each new successive flight prompt the numbers to reset, resulting in my having four videos assigned with the number one? When moving the videos into folders on my computer, I keep getting notified that there's already a video in there with that number. Please forgive me, I'm a novice at this but have been flying this H Plus quite a great deal and I can't say that I recall having this issue before. I go ahead and make the compare choice and usually, they are not the same videos. I was selecting "skip" each time that would pop up until I realized I was missing videos I remember filming.

Thanks

Sadly, it’s moronic by not having a sequential numbering option. It annoys me as well.

Reactions: Merhlin
I go by the time when each video was taken. I agree though, having the H start over each time is annoying, but, if you take the last number of the first folder, then rename the videos in the second folder so they are sequential from the first folder, and so on with the third, fourth... A pain but it is doable. After renaming the videos in a folder, I move them to the first folder....

I simply rename the files before moving them. For example, files labeled "yun01" and "yun02" that were shot on April 24, 2019 become "042419 1" and "042419 2". That way everything is organized sequentially by date taken.

You can use site names instead of a date sequence as file names too.

I go by the time when each video was taken. I agree though, having the H start over each time is annoying, but, if you take the last number of the first folder, then rename the videos in the second folder so they are sequential from the first folder, and so on with the third, fourth... A pain but it is doable. After renaming the videos in a folder, I move them to the first folder....

OK. You've answered my questions. Thanks! I was coming to the same conclusion. I'm not flying my drone any different than I did last November and I honestly don't remember this (and how could I forget something like this) being an issue. A typical flight session for most of us, depending on the number of fully charged batteries available, is to return the drone either to change out batteries or move to another location. I'll deal with it. I'm glad I confirmed the issue and it gives me some solace to know I'm not alone in this respect.

...So if I make 4 different flights, (with shut down and fire-up again between each flight,) will each new successive flight prompt the numbers to reset, resulting in my having four videos assigned with the number one?...

Thanks

Don't know if we cleared this one up.

No. The file sequence does not reset with each shutdown. The default sequence continues as long as the files remain on the micro SD card. Successive flights just continue the sequence until it gets interrupted by removal of a previous file in the sequence.

If you fly on a Tuesday, then again Thursday without dumping the videos files, the new files will simply be added in continuing sequence.

Tuesday files; yun01, yun02, yun03

Thursday files will then be; yun04, yun05...

This continues until the files are removed from the micro SD card.

Reactions: FlushVision
If you fly on a Tuesday, then again Thursday without dumping the videos files, the new files will simply be added in continuing sequence.

Tuesday files; yun01, yun02, yun03

Thursday files will then be; yun04, yun05...

This continues until the files are removed from the micro SD card.

It does not. It’s not sequential. A new folder will be created, after each battery cycle and you restart, with YN_0001

The error was mine. I didn't realize Merhlin was talking about the H+. My apologies and thanks for the correction.

What I said would be applicable to a TH. At least that's the way mine works.

I would imagine it has to do with the lack of power backup. When you remove the battery it resets it. but if the H doesn't do that it must be something Yuneec left out of the code.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig